I'm a virgin!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a virgin!!

This is a first for me. Check out the first song recorded in my band's little home brew recording studio. We're from the Paris, Texas/Hugo Oklahoma area and we call ourselves Fallout.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/fall...everything.mp3

Re: I\'m a virgin!!

sounds great! i really like the intro..
    I think the vocals can be heavier imo

let your singer drink more beer [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] it will give him more crunch in his voice [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried as hard as I could to piss him off before he recorded the track, but it didn't work. Thanks for the feedback !

Comment

Damn, dude, that song ruled. Sort of got a mainstream pop-rock feel to it which I am ABSOLUTELY digging since I like that genre a lot. I loved that chorused clean guitar sound.

Comment

I just had to post again. This song is one of those "summer songs" for me and I love that.

I enjoyed the song so much that I saved it to my hard drive. I don't do that very often, so that means big praise for you I hope! I can't find anything wrong with this song, with the exception that production and quality could obviously be better, but you said that this was a home recording which is pretty damn outstanding in itself.

When you make it big, I'll be right there. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow!! High praise indeed. All we want to do with our music is make people feel better about their world, and I guess it did that for ya. The guitar in the left channel has chorus on it, and the guitar on the right is actually flanged with a little echo(that's me). I got sick of the same old goofy chorus sound that everyone seems to use on clean electric guitar so I went with the flanger, and it works. It also helps to be playing a Jackson SL2H! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That worked for me too. Put a Sonic Maximizer on the vocals to bring the bottom up and add ambience/resonance. The song had a tint of Thin Lizzy in it for me. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Earls:
                I tried as hard as I could to piss him off before he recorded the track, but it didn't work. Thanks for the feedback !
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">give him a *****slap next time, it will definaly piss him off [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Scott,
                  Hey man, I am dually impressed. Really good work! I live in Tulsa, when you guys gig up here let me know.

[email protected]

Comment

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and thank all of you for the input and kind words on our song. I'm the drummer of the band and the other half of Scotts brain. LOL!!! Thanks again. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

try to have anal sex with him, i mean like keep rubbing his ass.

At least he will be in a different mood. . but if he likes it, then you will need to do something else to make him mad.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The poor guy is married and gets more fem stalkers than he can handle- I sure don't want to start rubbing on his ass! And who let that damn drummer in here anyway?

We would love to find a decent gig in Tulsa, that's a place I've never been before. How about hookin' us up with a general idea of what the gig scene is like? We're trying to concentrate on recording right now but its hard to scratch that itch for playing live.
                          Later on, dudes... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, after listening to feedback from members of various music-related forums, I remixed the song. Those of you who have shown interest so far, I hope you give it another listen and see if you can tell if there is any improvement. Shakeel, I'm sorry but the singer didn't get any "crunchier" this time around. I did retrack the solo though, so tell me what you think. Later dudes.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Since I saved the "old" version on my hard drive, I listened to both back to back. I noticed clearer drums in the new one, as well as a unison bend in the solo that wasn't there before. Other than that, it sounds virtually identical to me! Sorry for the crappy feedback, but it still sounds damn good, and I didn't feel there was much wrong with it in the first place! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

This song reminds me of Blue Oyster Cult's "Burnin' For You". Maybe it's because the feel is rockish with fast guitar licks intersperced throughout, something I don't seem to hear in a lot of modern rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X