• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of puppets

I recorded a piece of the song master of puppets this afternoon here it is:

http://members.lycos.nl/shakeel2000/Masterofpuppets.mp3

I will record the whole song soon

ow yeah one more thing turn the bass down a little bit [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Master of puppets

nice [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Great Job!!! Did you program the drums yourself or are they real? Also what gear are you using?

Derek

Comment

I used a Master of puppets backing track for the drums and bass

gear used: Charvel model 4
        Peavey bandit 112
        Cheap mic [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        Cool edit 2.0

Comment

Cool where did you get the backing tracks from?

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel:
            I got it from some board cant remember wich one [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but if you have something like MSN i can send it to you
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be AWESOME!!!! my email is [email protected] Thanks alot.

Derek

Comment

Sounds cool. A Question, i hear something in the background, is that a keyboard ? Or are my loudspeakers dying ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Anyway guitars are tight but a little buzzing. But with a Peavey Bandit and a cheap mic it's good work.

I too work on Master of Puppets right now. I programed the complete drum track which took me many hours [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Yeah it's my first drum track and i don't know anything about playing drums.
              I am now in the progress of recording guitars but because of much work for the university and because i disassemled my complete studio gear because i am building a new studio desk i only did some "test drives" with the guitar tone.
              Here is a small sample:
              http://mitglied.lycos.de/InfernalDea...r1Testkurz.mp3

Ok i guess i have to say some things about this sample. First timing is very bad. My amp is ****ing loud in my room so i had problems to listen to the backtrack (my headphones aren't here at the moment). The main purpose for this sample was to look if those my guitars go well together. I plan to record 6 guitar tracks for the song. For every guitar 3 tracks. Left and right with my Jackson Soloist with EMG 81 and the center guitar is my Jackson Kelly with a Bill Lawrence XL500.
              After all this sample contains 1 complete guitar, that's those two Soloist tracks on left and right and one track in the center with the Kelly. That's also why at the beginning the guitar tracks didn't start at the same time because i haven't heard it right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Oh and there are two bass tracks but you really can't hear it very well, i guess i have to work on that when mixing will take place. Also i think the snare is too low. BTW my drum backtrack consists of 7 single tracks. Bass drum, snare, hihat, all cymbals, Tom1&2, Tom3&4, Floortom. It was more work that way but at the end i am able to mix the drum track better when i can adjust every single piece of it.

Sorry for this long post but it's my first attempt to record something more seriously (not only 1 or 2 riffs) and i thought about it quite a lot how to do it.
              If anybody has some more tips i am happy to hear them and sorry to the original poster of this thread for taking my sample in here but i though since it's the same song it fits in here.

Flo
              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

flo, pretty thick tone, i'd probably stick with double tracking the guitars as you'll hear more of the attack that way...
                shakeel, i'm floored you were able to get that tone out of a bandit... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I got it from some board cant remember wich one [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but if you have something like MSN i can send it to you

Comment

Yo infernal death the ''keyboard thing'' is a weird sounding double guitar and bass [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

btw nice guitar tone you've got there, That sample doesn't sound bad at all, only the weird timing at the beginning wich you already mentioned [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Shakeel if you are interested in those drum samples i talked about i can upload them on my webspace and you can download them from there. All together they are 12,3 MB big. So i have to upload some of them and after you downloaded them i kick those and upload the rest because i can't upload them all at the same time,my webspace is only 10 MB and there is already something taken of those 10 MB.
                      Write me if you are interested. I also can tell you which of those wav files i used for the drum track for my Masters version.

Flo

Comment

Infernal it would be great if you'll upload them!!

Comment

Ok the files are deleted, i hope that everyone who wanted them got them.

Flo

[ January 31, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Infernal Death ]

Comment

Hey, thanks for putting those up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Thank you very much for the drum samples flo [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] i'm done downloading [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X