Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now for something completely different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now for something completely different...

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/acoustic.mp3

link above is me smacking on my usa guild acoustic, plugged into my pod, just goofing around. Three guitars, hard left, hard right, and center. I may post some solo acoustic stuff later, but thought I'd put this up to instill some more varied tunes on the board. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Now for something completely different...

I'm lovin' it Pete!!! Sounds like something that would be put into a Final Fantasy game.. like the theme for a Beach area.....

Costa De Sol... hehe.

Comment

I didn't feel the Final Fantasy feeling that Word was talking about, but I thought about a vacation in a warm tropical spot for sure. Just like Pete's Santana-styled clip from before.

Damn, what a sweet listening experience. Sure puts my acoustic piece to shame in my "Something NOT metal for once" topic in the MP3 section.

Comment

Well I was actually referring to Costa De Sol place in Final Fantasy 8..... lol

Comment

I think you mean Costa Del So, which was in FF7. Or I could be wrong. I never liked FF8 much.

FF7 is a different story altogether. I put hundreds of hours into that game.

Comment

Ah your right... I've played sooo many FF games over the years.. I've been a FF fan since I was 3 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I didn't get very far though, I keep erasing my big bro's save files on FF2 bahaha... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But yeah, I've played most every one of em, from the Nintendo games, to PS games, to the Gameboy games, to the FF10, and I'm still working on FF10. FF7 is by far my favorite in PS games. FF3 my favorite in Nintendo games.

Comment

FF 7 is the coolest game ever imo, it as a great story great music and it makes you feel something

oklastrat nice playing! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

lol....shakeel does the game make you feel like you're something? poor boy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wrong intrepretation zeno [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Great acoustic piece, Pete [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Woulda sounded cool with the Star on it with both hums split [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

FF10 was great. Squaresoft has the art of 3D cinematics mastered. They are the only studio that does that stuff and makes it look realistic - from the hair to the hands (always a major beef with me - the hands are always the most poorly animated items in 3D cinematics).

The only thing about the FF series is it's always the same basic plot:
                    -Hero sets out on adventure
                    -Hero meets other adventurers and forms a party
                    -Party fights various creatures and solves various puzzles along the way as the deeper plot is slowly revealed
                    -Hero finds love along the way
                    -Hero or love-interest dies in the final battle or directly after the final battle
                    [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Word, which part of FFX are you on?

Newc

[ January 12, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can only play it every week or so because I'm always playing guitar, but I'm on the part where I'm on the air ship fighting that big serpent thing, then I reach Bevelle and fight Maester Seymour a 2nd time.. don't ruin for me though LOL....

But yeah, it's the same plot over and over, but it doesn't get old! The music really cool too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Get a GameShark - it's great to be able to bump your stats up to 9999 and stomp ass in every battle - just watch out for those Death and Petrify spells [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

One more question: Lulu, Rikku, or Luna? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Lulu!! Most definatley man.. hehe... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

AGREED! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I saw a magazine (EGM) where they had posted a poll to see who was the hottest chick in FFX - Rikku, Lulu, or Luna, and some guy wrote in that he thought Tydus was the hottest chick [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            He wanted to know why Tydus and Luna kissed in one of the cinematics - "Is there something I should know?" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Yeah there's something you should know - pay attention! They refer to him as a guy several times! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            But, as typical, the guy had an AOL email address [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rikku comes in 2nd though.

Comment

Working...
                              X