Crappy one take recording with my new POD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy one take recording with my new POD

First recording I've tried with it, it's the Fade to Black intro (shut up, couldn't think of anything better to do, I don't even like Metallica that much) I forgot what one of the notes were in the intro solo, blah blah blah, it's crap, one take, just me goofin around in Pro Tools...BTW I ain't one of those Enter Sandman kids, lol, I've been playin 7 or 8 years, this is just something I decided to try out....I used Line6's presets from the Dual Rectifier and the Jazz Chorus, just traded the delay on the JC for a chorus sound...anyways, tell me what you guys think...

I'll link you to a stupid AVI I made yesterday to try and impress some girls too, lol did it at about 9am yesterday, so it could be better...nothing premeditated, nor is it on time, just me cycling thru some techniques....still workin on my whammy techniques and I've only been trying to sweep for a short period of time, so cut me some slack, [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/f0rbidden//fade.mp3
    http://onlinerock.com/musicians/f0rbidden//video_5.avi

(copy and paste the links)

[ December 27, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Re: Crappy one take recording with my new POD

"The Angelfire site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

The site will be available again in approximately 2 hours!"

BUAHAHAHAH! Dude, Angelfire blows chunks! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I just use my bands website for hosting pics, but I've heard allot of people on here mention http://www.onlinerock.com I think.. Give that a shot.

Comment

Alright, updated the links, check em out!

Comment

Pretty cool! But why is your AVI file mirror-imaged?

Comment

Camera was set on mirror image, didn't realize, lol...I set it to that because I'd have my camera on at the side of the screen and it had me confused when the camera version of me wasn't moving the same way as I was, [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dammit, lol any idea on a better place to host ****? lol

Comment

that is some great stuff...
                I am no way near in the same league as that playing. Hell, I cant even get the fade intro right yet. Been playing for about 1 month now. Got a new jackson and its getting better. Can you do a vid file of you playing the fade intro. I can do the guitar 1, but that lead is just a tad fast for me to play now. Any suggestion on picking up my speed ?

Comment

Practice, Practice, Practice.

Comment

Thanks...anything in particular i should practice. I can play a good bit of Metallica, since its the only tab book i have lol. Mostly the rhythmn parts is what i play now.

I have most of the lead intro to Welcom Home (Sanitarium) down, but once it gets the the two parts that are played fast, i have to play it at the same speed as the rest of the bars. Its frustrating at the very least and kinda discourages me. I love to play guitar, and want to make some progress, as fast as possible. lol

Kinda ambitious of me dont ya think [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J.Hutto

Comment

Yeah sure I'll wip up a video for you...I'll e-mail it to you when I'm done!

Comment

Don't get discouraged or frusturated, everyone learns at different speeds. It'll come eventually. That's the sad part about a lot of guitarists today. When they first started they concentrated on playing fast so much that their rythmn skills suck. Concentrate on rythmn now, and the leads will come later.

Comment

Yeah Word, look who's talkin!!! I heard your MP3, hehe... Practice what ya preach! heehee...

Dumpy, the avi sounds cool. You are definitely on the right track... Keep it up! Good movement and speed... You go man! Maybe work on picking individual notes and building speed there...

[ December 29, 2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Hey John! LOL

I got rythmn skillz brotha!!!!!!! Yo

peez out

Comment

Great, so after a month I can play the following songs : Enter Sandman, One, Unforgiven, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Misery, and a few others. Mind you, only the rhythmn parts...

Is this decent progress ? I am self taught for the most part (tab and listening to cd's). I am practicing scales and just moving up and down the board using all fingers to build strength. If there is anything else you can think of that might help me along, please post them.

Thanks

J.Hutto

Comment

Working...
                              X