Cover song: Iced Earth's "A Question Of Heaven"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover song: Iced Earth's "A Question Of Heaven"

I just finished mixing and producing it earlier today! My brother played bass for me, while I performed rhythm and lead guitars, acoustic guitars, keyboards, drum programming, and vocals.

Iced Earth Cover - "A Question Of Heaven"

A big thank-you to those who helped me record direct with my GT-6. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would! The big Jon Schaffer rhythm tone is not exactly how it sounds when played through my amp, but it sounds alright for recording direct.

I used Vegas Audio to record and mix everything. Drums were created using Guitar Pro 3.0, and then I exported the drums as a MIDI file, and converted it to a wav file using a program called "WAVmaker III", and imported it into Vegas Audio. I highly recommend "WAVmaker III", and depending on your soundcard, it can make your drums sound pretty convincingly real! I was impressed with mine!

Everything was recorded direct except the acoustic guitar and the vocals.

Enjoy!

Re: Cover song: Iced Earth\'s "A Question Of Heaven"

That is a great song! It sounds awesome on the "Alive In Athens" box set. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I really liked the music, good job! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

But if you want my honest opinion about the vocals... Then I'd say that I don't like them.
    And not because I can sing better, because I can't. But I guess you want peoples honest opinions here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Re: Cover song: Iced Earth\'s "A Question Of Heaven"

Thanks for listening! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Vocals are the aspect of music which I have had the least experience with. I've only taken four vocal lessons (no prior experience) in my entire life. I had to stop because I was too busy with university, but hopefully I can take more lessons next summer!

Yeah, it's an awesome song performed on the "Alive In Athens" set! My cover song incorporated some aspects of the original "The Dark Saga" version and the "Alive In Athens" version.

Comment

Working...
      X