Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beginning Of The End - Gimme your reviews guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beginning Of The End - Gimme your reviews guys...

Hey guys.
    I spend a lot of time writing and recording my own material, this being one of the many.
    I'd like to get some feedback from you guys on what you think. I write/play/record everything on my own, so this is me. It may take a while to download, but I think it's a decent song, let me know what you think.

It's called "The Beginning Of The End"

http://jimosity.tzo.com/1.mp3

Oh yeah, if you're wondering; here's the run down of equipment used in this recording:

Charvel 750XL <EMGs>
    Line6 Flextone II HD <recorded direct>
    Boss DR-770 Drum Machine
    Ibanez SDGR 1200 Bass
    Cool Edit Pro 1.2a

Re: The Beginning Of The End - Gimme your reviews guys...

Isn't that a Testament song, "Beginning of the End"? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds pretty cool, even though I heard only 40 seconds of it since my AOL Media Player keeps stopping and buffering. Vocals were pretty cool, too. I'll try loading it again later when I have a better connection and hopefully be able to hear it all the way through.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude, that is way cool. I remember when you first posted this way back...you called it "A New Beginning". I love what it's become.

You did a great job putting the vocal melody over a great riff. Like I said, very cool. Also, I love the ending.

Did you write the lyrics?

Comment

Cool. Thanks man, yeah, I posted that one a while back, but this is the completed version.
        Yeah, I wrote the lyrics back in 1995 actually.
        I do think Testament had a song called Beginning Of The End, but I think mine is quite different.
        <at least I didn't call it Crazy Train> hahaha

Comment

pretty cool stuff...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Great songwriting and tasteful, melodic, non-gratuitous leads. Nice production -- good mix & excellent use of track layering. Vox are a little "distant", but I like the reverse gate (?) effect thrown in for emphasis.

What do you use for your guitar tones?

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
              The recording is done with my Charvel 750XL (with EMGs - 85(b) | 81(n).
              I'm playing thru a Line6 Flextone II HD which is recorded direct. There are little to no effects on the guitars at all.
              The way I recorded the vocals was kind of strange (the part that comes in reverse).
              I recorded it straight and then reversed the recording, then applied reverb to it, then reversed it back to the correct way. Kind of a trick Led Zeppelin used to do a lot, but I did it digitally. The vocals are all pretty dry with only a very slight hint of reverb to them.
              I recorded the solo twice so as to harmonize and then panned one side a little left and the other side right.
              The drums are a Boss DR-770.
              Recorded all thru an M-Audio Delta 66 into PC using Cool Edit Pro.

Comment

Killer riffs....killer solos......and a singer that actually sings!!!!!!! No gagging, puking, growling thing......HOLY SHNIKIES Batman....this tune kicks ass [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] -Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

It's really cool! I like it very much! Looking forward to hearing your next song! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Anders
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Sounds great. I really liked the guitar and vocals. Your soloing is nice and uncluttered, and the guitar harmonies are sweet. The only thing is, through my headphones the bass was barely audible. Did you mix it that way on purpose, or are my headphones shot? Either way, nice work!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Kick Ass!

Comment

yep yep..****ing aweosome man...that solo has friggin been in my head for two days..that's a good thing [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

one thing i'd suggest though, is to speed it up, by maybe 10bpm or so..just a thought (or have i been listening too much to powermetal) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool, nice solo.
                          Chris
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

very nice, i didn't detect a slight priest influence in there did i???...lol...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Actually, not really.
                              I was never really into Priest much.
                              I was a HUGE George Lynch freak for many years...
                              Then I went thru a Vai/Satriani thing...
                              Then the Nevermore/Crimson Glory/Fates Warning times...
                              Recently, I've been more into things like Kamelot, Conception, Ark, bands like that.
                              So -- I guess a combination of all those styles kinda leaves me with what you hear in those recordings of mine.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X