No announcement yet.

Here's a short riff that I recorded...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a short riff that I recorded...

I just got a new Line6 Spider 1x12 that I used to record this, not too bad of a quality considering it's a 1x12!!
    I usually use my Line6 Flextone II HD to record with, but had to check out this amp...

Here's the gear rundown:
    Charvel 750XL
    Line6 Spider 1x12
    Boss DR-770 Drum Machine

Running into an M-Audio Delta 66 that records into PC using Cool Edit Pro 1.2.

http://jimosity.tzo.com/mymusic/Jims...ckForToday.mp3

Surely nothing extravagant and definately not a full song, but a cool little shreddy idea.

[ November 27, 2002, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: JiMoSiTY ]

Re: Here\'s a short riff that I recorded...

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    That line 6 sounds better than I thought it would.

Comment

that sounded great....and i thought i was the only person who liked the sound of the line 6 spider...it's a great amp for the house or studio that's what i have for my house amp and i think it sounds good. how did you have the amp dialed in (what amp type/effects/levels ect) i got some ggod tones stored in mine i got evh's live tone nailed with this amp maybe we could trade some ideas on tweaking out tones....if you know how i could dial in eric johnson's lead tone i would be forever in your debt...i went to line6.com and listened to the sound samples of the pod xt and the eric johnson tone was incredible but i can't seem to get it on my spider any thoughts ?????

my 2 cents

i'm making lemonade

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

Sounds good dude. Nice recording too. I've never been able to get a full solid sound in my recordings. I use a Pod Pro that plugs directly into an Echo Darla soundcard. My recordings tend to sound a little 'flat'.

How do you have your equipment set up for recording?

Comment

Well, this particular little track was just a cable running out of the headphone jack of the Line6 Spider 1x12, into my Mackie 16 channel board (no Fx or eq), into a Delta 66 box, directly into a PC using Cool Edit Pro 1.2a to record digitally.
          There are two rhythm tracks (one panned a little right, the other panned a little left, there's a third guitar track for the little outro solo section... the drums are a Boss DR-770.
          I typically use a little better amp to record with, a Line6 Flextone II HD that has direct outputs on it that I also run into the Mackie mixer and it gets a much better sound.
          You can check out some of my other tunes, recorded the same way (with the Flextone II HD) at this link.
          http://jimosity.tzo.com/mp3s

Comment

ahh, you use the same setup i do. exept i use a pod pro. I also record with cool edit pro. The recording had a very wide range to it and now I know why. I thought maybe it was just recorded like that to begin with.

I'll check that link out also.
            Thanks for the info

Comment

Jim, cool tune dude. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I like that filthy, stinkin', dirty, overdriven tone you got out of the Line-6 [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Totally Killer!

Comment

Working...
                X