Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amaze your friends! Be the first on the block....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaze your friends! Be the first on the block....

The "non-Floyd tricks" thread reminded me of this one. I pulled this on a friend several years ago and he went nuts trying to figure it out until I finally let him off the hook. I said to him, "did you know that there's a way you can bend a note and make it go DOWN in pitch instead of UP? He said, "no way." Then I showed him. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Here's the trick, but it ONLY works on a floating trem:

Fret the 3rd string at the 4th fret. Next, actually pick the 2nd string open, which is the same note. Now bend the 3rd string. This will pull the bridge and make the actual audible note (open 2nd string) drop in pitch. Just be careful that your target doesn't see that you're actually picking the 2nd string, not the 3rd string note you've actually fretted.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Amaze your friends! Be the first on the block....

Cool shit, man! I like this one. It seems to be so obvious, but it's a cool trick. I'm going to check it with someone soon. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
      Cool shit, man! I like this one. It seems to be so obvious, but it's a cool trick. I'm going to check it with someone soon. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! Just be sure to pick the 2nd string quickly so they don't catch on.
      [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hahah! We should have a "Floyd tricks and treachery" thread as well! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If and when any of you try this on someone, please come back here with a full report!

Comment

LOL, I actually use this trick as part of my regular technique. I love the quirky inherent nature of the Floyd. And you can do weird oscillatory tricks by palming the Floyd while "bending down" too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Powertube, you have too much time on your hands. Maybe I need to get off this PC and play more...
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
              X