Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chord Studies

This is a longshot but...

Is anyone out there familiar with the Wm. G. Leavitt Chord Study stuff put out by Berklee music? I have a part of it and wanted to find out what else was available but I can't find any info anywhere. If anyone uses it or remembers it or something any info you could pass along would be a great help. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Chord Studies

http://www.avalonguitar.com/avguitar/Product/171

?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...61469?v=glance

Comment

A short Leavitt article:

http://www.ibreathemusic.com/reviews/article/2

Comment

Ted Greene has some awesome chord books out too...

Pete

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

That isn't quite what I have Ron, but at least you found a bit more info on Leavitt, I wasn't having much luck. I'm thinking that I might have a part of materials he may have designed for his courses while he taught at Berklee. Its a 43 page chord study book, and the notation is done by hand. There is most likely more like it, since it contains references to another part. It's definitely pretty hip. If the part I have is for a semester or something, I'm hoping there is something for a following course and another after that etc.

I will definitely check out Ted Greene, thanks Pete.

Comment

I went through some of the Leavitt books but am not familiar with the chord study in question... however I would have to second the Ted Greene "Chord Chemistry" books - for pure chord study, I'm aware of no other more comprehensive works, as they are absolutely mind boggling. You could spend the rest of your life with Ted's books & still not scratch the surface as to practical application.

Comment

mark I'll go ask the berklee bookstore for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
                  mark I'll go ask the berklee bookstore for ya
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, dude!! That is very cool of you!! Who knows if the thing I have is still in use...it has a number of small studies, plus arrangements of Autumn Leaves, Donna Lee, All the Things You Are and a few others. Actually the All the Things You Are is the nicest arrangement of it I have seen - one of the greatest songs ever written.

Comment

Working...
                  X