Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy crapola!! Reverse sweep picking anyone??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crapola!! Reverse sweep picking anyone??!!

Wow!

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~gard...l_Angelo_2.wmv

Its kinda shreddy stuff til he gos nuts about half way and gos so fast it looks like his hands have been played in fast forward, including 'reverse\upside down' sweep picking which is CRAZY.

This guy is insane [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Holy crapola!! Reverse sweep picking anyone??!!

That is incredible. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

But i must say the whole of that performance was quite sloppy compared to his normal efforts.

Normally he is 100 percent flawless in his playing.

Or am I being too fussy.....

Comment

ya mike's bad ass, he can play right or left handed, over and under the neck at the same time counterpointing melodys. washburn used to make him guitars that clamped together to give him 2 and 4 necks, the 4 neck kinda looked like a big X. he's from Downers Grove IL. about 20 min from where im from in chicago.his older brother used to beat the shit out of him for playing his guitar when he wasn't home i guess he showed him [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] he is realy left handed hand, had to teach himself upside down, then got his own ax and learned right side up,thats where the over and under thing came from. he's an arrogant(sp?)prick though! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] if you go see him at a clinic ,he EXPECTS you to come get an autograph a little attitude's ok when your that bad, but a little apreciation for the fan and not being a dick earns more respect. ......but he is bad ass.
      MOSH ON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

oh, and his real name is mike badio...i think i spelled that right, its been a long time.
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

In the '80s when I took guitar lessons from Mike Romeo, he brought over a video of Michael Angelo one time and couldn't stop talking about him. He was like man, check this guy out, he's insane!!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

crazy mad fo sho!

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ:
              oh, and his real name is mike badio...i think i spelled that right, its been a long time.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Michael Angelo Batio, I thought. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And with that many frets, his neck pickup is practically a middle pickup. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Damn, that's a great lead tone. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

And my guitar teacher, to impress me in my early days of playing, showed me a lot of fancy sweeping and over-the-neck type stuff... my jaw dropped to the floor. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[ February 16, 2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Number Of The Priest ]

Comment

ya that's right....thanks priest [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

how's he move his arm back and forth so fast? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that's some clever editing or something... somehow, he manages to resume playing the music perfectly in time. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I got his Speed Kills DVD for Christmas. The exercises for the most part are actually very easy. It is just that he plays them so blindingly fast. Just watching him play that intro plus another song he performs is worth the price. Of course since it was a gift, it didn't cost me anything. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] He is truly amazing. However, he does seem like a bit of a tool. But, the way I figure it, if someone had really good social skills, they wouldn't have spent 10 hours a day practicing their entire childhood. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Damn my charming personality. That's why I can't play like this guy.

Comment

that guitar is butt ugly as well...ugh.

Comment

If you listen closely, you can hear his rhythm track speed up as he does that part. I have another vid of him I downloaded off Kazaa, where he does that, and it doesn't appear to be edited. It's not quite as fast as that one, but still very impressive.

And I agree, if you have ten hours a day to practice, you must have no other life. It would be great to be able to play that fast, but if you have no friends, who would you impress with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:

But i must say the whole of that performance was quite sloppy compared to his normal efforts.

Normally he is 100 percent flawless in his playing.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That clip is from 14 years ago. I assure you he is not sloppy nowadays. And to you guys who think he's a tool? I dunno, man, every time I've talked to Mr. Batio he has been nothing but totally cool. A really nice, humble guy in my opinion.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

he plays the ugliest guitar ever made.

Comment

Working...
                              X