Woodsheddin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodsheddin'

I've heard a few people here, when talking about speed and such, saying they gained huge amounts when they just locked themsleves in a room for 6 hours a day for a month or so and practiced hardcore. I was just curious as to what kind of results people have had with this sort of intensive method and what your practice focus/schedule was on?

Re: Woodsheddin\'

I think that "6 hours a day" stuff, for the most part, is [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] for the most part.
    t doesn't really matter how long you practice, it is WHAT you practice and HOW you practice to achieve a desired result.

People kill me with the, "With my playing method, you will be on the stage and studio in one month, yes, one month" [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

If you want to get "fast", the only way is to break out the metronome, practice your technique, both right and left hands, then slowly adding them together and recording your progress.

That is my $0.02 worth [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
      I think that "6 hours a day" stuff, for the most part, is [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

It doesn't really matter how long you practice, it is WHAT you practice and HOW you practice to achieve a desired result.

People kill me with the, "With my playing method, you will be on the stage and studio in one month, yes, one month" [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

If you want to get "fast", the only way is to break out the metronome, practice your technique, both right and left hands, then slowly adding them together and recording your progress.

That is my $0.02 worth [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

lock yourself in a room?...i did that when i was a youngster...best thing i've found is to have a goal in mind...right now i'm working on a racer x tune called "metal dog" (i think?"...the more i play it, the closer to paul gilbert i get
        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...actually the paul gibert instructional videos are really VERY good...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

you have to put in the time and practice the right things in order to build your technique. A metronome and scales worked for me. I did it by using every concievable pattern and note sequences I could. I was one of the guys who would play 10-12 hrs a day and loved it. Work on things that you can't do but also play for fun...no way in hell one can practice only exercises and remain motivated. Once you get technique down it isnt that much work to keep it up. I'm in a different part of life now so I don't play enough but the speed and technique come back real quick after about an hour of practicing...sort of like riding a bike. Usually I just warm up and play. I find that just improvising over backing tracks keeps me in shape.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X