Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Crowly\Master of Puppets\Phantom of the opera leads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Crowly\Master of Puppets\Phantom of the opera leads...

Yes they are hard but im trying slowly to get them down!

Master of puppets:

All 3 leads have a kinda arpeggio bit where you pull off on the e string then pick the b string eg start of master of puppets solo:

---17p12-----------12-17p12--
    ---------12-13-12------------ etc etc

Should i barre the 12 fret on the e and b strings, or do the pull off, then move up to the b string, hit 12 13 12 then jump back to the e string and pull off etc???

Problems im having:

--if i do the barre how do i stop the notes bleeding into each other?
    --If i change strings how do i stop the pull off sounding as i change strings?

I've tried palm muting but that muffles the sound too much.

Mr Crowly solo snippet:

-17p13----17p13----17p13----17p13-----
    -------15-------15-------15-------15--

With this type (same as in Phantom of the Opera),if i keep the 15th fret note fretted all the time it bleeds into the other notes and sounds bad, and if i take my finger off i sometimes get a loud pull off note (15th- open) which sounds bad too.

Any advice on helping me out with my technique?

Re: Mr Crowly\\Master of Puppets\\Phantom of the opera leads...

with the barring, roll your first finger as you move from the e string to the b and back, so you don't actually remove your finger, you just release the pressure to stop the string that you aren't playing from sounding

the Mr Crowley/Phantom sequence is the same - don't actually life your finger on that 15th fret note. Just release the pressure enough to stop it sounding.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I"m trying to figure out how I play that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I've been playing Mr. Crowley for about 15+ years so I've got a lot of practice and I still mess up sometimes. I used to tap that entire sequence because I couldn't get my hand to do that pull off cleanly. One day I just sat down and did it untill it sounded right.I barre the 13th fret with the index and play the 17ht with my pinkey and 15th with my middle finger. As I play a take my finger off the 15 and if you do it carefully the barred 13th won't sound. Take it off JUST as you hit the 17th again and do it slow untill you get it to sound right.
      As for the first one I'd barre the 12th. I play that stuff in a kinda of bouncy way. My hand bounces slightly and the back of my hand lands on the strings to mute them, I don't know where this stuff came from I just kinda do it?? The main thing is to play cleanly and even if you get a bit of ringing you won't hear it mutch.

Comment

I bend and release for the Crowley solo with the 12 fret...it's a little easier for me that way

Comment

Working...
        X