Clear All

• Now THIS is sweep picking!

Put all of your guitars in a safe place before viewing:

Theodore Ziras Clip

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Now THIS is sweep picking!

you really need to see Loomis in action......not on stage just by himself.....
    www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

I think it's impressive, but ok. Jason Becker could kick this gus ass with one single left hand 15 years ago. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

There are a lot of guys out there these days who could do that, but either way he is definitely a great player and it very impressive.

Comment

It doesn't matter how many times I have heard those arpeggios being played... they still are impressive. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Miffy rules:
            I think it's impressive, but ok. Jason Becker could kick this gus ass with one single left hand 15 years ago. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell yeah [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

that's very good, sounds awesome, i doubt i'll ever come close. i took some lessons from a guy back in NY who could do that left handed only. i forgot his freakin name, stupid me! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

YEAH JASON FUCKING BECKER!!!!!! i heard they were doing some kind of tribute guitar of his nat wood one with numbers in the fret board? anyone know anything about this?

Comment

yes, the project was killed, but kevin easton did a run of them.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Malmsteen can do that on a nylon string acoustic. Vai can do it lefty or righty. Angelo can do it lefty and righty at the same time!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yep--I still can't do that, but it's really nothing special. The best sweepers I've seen are Jason Becker and then this guitar teacher I had for a while. He did these insane sweeps that covered the whole fretboard. I wonder what happened to that guy...? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I think I still have his tabs, but they're quite useless to me....
                      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

still, that is a nice clean run of sweeps. I coudl never pull that off that cleanly.

Comment

that reminds me of what I yelled out at the G3 show when Malmsteen played.

"Faster!!"

lol
                          I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

Cool
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mucho Impressionante. Its really cool, i like it. does anyone know what song that is? it rings a bell.....but help me out. P.S. does any one konw where correct tabs are for "Always with me Always with you?" i learned about 2/3 by ear, but i wanna make sure its the correct way. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X