question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question?

i have recently ran into a problem with my playing. Evertime i sit down to write a riff, ill play it out of time. i been trying a metronome to help out but quite doesnt seem to work. does anyone know how i can improve this problem

Re: question?

Keep trying the metronome. Hopefully you will eventually get the time down. If you don't write in a standard time signature or you alternate times another choice is to sit down and score out your riffs. That will give you a better idea of what kind of time you are playing in. I tend to write riffs in odd time signatures because that is just what sounds best to me (damn you Dream Theater!). In the case that you are not writing in 4/4, 3/4, etc., then perhaps a simple drum machine will help. That way you can program the time you are playing in and follow along that way. Of course, playing with a real rhythm section would be ideal, just not always practical. Keep at it, I feel your pain.

Comment

thanks will try

Comment

I happen to have the same problem. I found out when I started practicing with a drum machine. If I can't find a time signature that matches my riff, I just play it without it. I guess a good solution could be programming a drum machine to play along with.

Comment

Working...
        X