Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More arpeggio question...

I'm practicing some Jason Becker stuff recently, and I have some questions:

1. We all know that the tone in a string differs when you play it in different position. I think from 10th to 15th fret my tone sounds the "fullest", while below the 7th fret it sounds rather thin and flat, if you don't use a lot of vibrato. Now when you play arp in the lower neck position, eg. G minor with the root note in 5th string 7th fret, you have to shred and hence have no time to apply vibrato on it. This way it sounds very flat and thin. Well, at least for me. So, is there any solution, or it's just that my hands are too small?

2. How do you mute the noise while playing arp which SOLELY consists in the 4th, 5th and 6th string? Also, how do you speed up your arp when picking these thick strings?

3. I have some trouble sliding up the neck with my KV2. I think it's because of the fret size. Should I go for a smaller one?

It's mu first post. Thanks for your reply! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: More arpeggio question...

Less finger pressure will allow you to slide more easily. Correct vibrato requires mucho practice. It comes from your entire forearm, not just your fingers. Most players having problems are trying to force the vibrato out with their fingers instead of letting it naturally flow out.

Comment

Working...
    X