Once again.....PICKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again.....PICKS!!!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, we've discussed this a few times. It's been a while, so what are you currently using? I'm still with the Jim Dunlop Big Stubby in 2mm thickness:

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Once again.....PICKS!!!!

Still goin' with my Dunlop Tortex Tear Drop purples:

I REALLY wish these came in a "sharp" configuration too. I should really get off my lazy ass and file these picks down so that the tip is sharper... my PERFECT PICK right there!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I used to use the blue 1.0mm Tortex. I switched because I wanted to go to a sharper point, but they do feel really good in the hand.

EDIT: Hey, have you tried these?

Comment

I've tried those really tiny Jazz Stubbies, and they slip out of my hand faster than a sorority sl*t's miniskirt at a gangbang party. What's your trick? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you mean those Red Jazz Dunlop picks...I actually started wrapping electrical tape around the top so I could have a better grip, but sometimes my fingers got sticky...and then I tried drilling a hole, which worked better than nothing...

Cheers,
          Nick

Comment

Now using Dunlop Stubby 3mm

Comment

Originally posted by Misanthrope189:
              If you mean those Red Jazz Dunlop picks...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What I was talking about was the pick on the very right of this picture:

That is a Jazz Stubby, the small pointy jazz version of the Big Stubby. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dunlop Gators in purple .96mm. I can't use any other pick since I switched to them a few years back.

Comment

I'm still using the yellow .84 Charvel-logoed picks I bought in 1988.

I bought a lot of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
                    Dunlop Gators in purple .96mm
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I use most of the time, too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I did use the blue Tortex 1.0mm for years, then went to the .96 Gator Grip. Once in awhile I'll use the red H or yellow XH Dunlop Gel picks, and I'll even use the new 1.0mm Ultex. I seem to favor the Gators more for some reason, though, and have a really big bag of them.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have been using the Dunlop Jazz III's in black for over 10 years now. I will use the stubby's when I can't get my hands on a Jazz III, but haven't had that problem since I scored 4 gross of the Jazz III's at various guitar shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                        I have been using the Dunlop Jazz III's in black for over 10 years now. I will use the stubby's when I can't get my hands on a Jazz III, but haven't had that problem since I scored 4 gross of the Jazz III's at various guitar shows.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stupid question: Is there a difference between the black ones and the red ones (other than the color, of course)?

Comment

I have never really used a pick, do ya think it would enhance my playing?

Comment

I'm really enjoying the new Ultex picks by Dunlop in 1.0mm. They have a unique feel to them and they don't have that "cluck" to em when playing fast. That is the only reason I hate plastic/Tortex picks, I can hear the attack and it drives me nuts [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I ordered a 100 x-heavy picks from webstrings, and they are pretty decent for the price.

Anyway, i have a habit of reshaping my picks before using them so it's pretty much the same on whichever brands i uses as long as they're extra heavy, i'm good to go.

Cham

Comment

Working...
                              X