Steve Vai - Juice -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Vai - Juice -

ok ppl, I'm going nut trying to learn the solo of this song.

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I can play without problem the first half of the solo but I can't figure out the descending tapping pattern in the second half of the solo. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You can hear it from min. 2.33 to 2.37 of the song, it ends with a classic "MEAOOOOOOW" trem dive.

hope you guys can help me!

Re: Steve Vai - Juice -

nothing? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Try posting an mp3, I can't remember that part of the song.....

Comment

dude,check the powertab website and the tab sites related to it.

i am sure i have seen that in powertab form [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

i cant remember that part but,i expect its lydian [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ok, here is the mp3 clip [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          juice clip

I've just downloaded the power tab file, will try it a.s.a.p. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

yes! the powertab version seems perfect to me!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] thanx for the hint! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

yeahh i thought it sounded good when i downloaded it ages ago...thanks for reminding me about the song..lol..loads of great licks in there to borrow [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

damn i wish i had the chops to even attempt to play that song. i'd say that alien love secrets is my favorite vai album. that tapping part you are refering to seems to just be some random shred. as long as what you play is fast, i doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference.

if you weren't using powertab in the first place, were you trying to transcribe the song by ear?

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X