Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz improvisation material

Guys,
    i need some material on Jazz improvisation. Any recommandation on good videos ,links, or books?

Thanx
    Cham

Re: Jazz improvisation material

You could try:

Intermediate Jazz Guitar, Mastering Jazz Guitar Chord Melody, and Mastering Jazz Guitar Improvisation...all by Jody Fisher. This is a well known series and is designed for teaching yourself.

You could also try: Gateway to Guitar Improvisation by Tony DiCaprio. This is a difficult and long term book to work through, but this guy isn't fooling around, he's a serious mofo.

You need to be comfortable with modes and the requisite chord theory and vocabulary, extensions (b5, 6th, 7+ etc. etc.), and position playing already before you start. Most jazz books are designed to take about a year to get through them the way they are intended, but who ever does that??? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ July 26, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: markpb ]

Comment

Re: Jazz improvisation material

Try and get Joe Pass books (particularly the blue chord one, it has about 10 pages but probably the most information I have ever seen.)

Frank Gambale's two set book is really good too, I think you can get it from his website.

Get a good teacher............

Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
      X