opeth guitar lesson/demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opeth guitar lesson/demo

Anybody see the Opeth lesson on The Drapery Falls that's floating around on kazaa. It's pretty cool. The one guy (PL) has a white Rhoads, as well I think. They are pretty down to earth. I think A Fair Judgement was last year's song of the year [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: opeth guitar lesson/demo

Yeah, I saw it. I had heard of them before, but hadn't heard there music. I heard the drapery falls in full, and its ok. THe guy with the 70's strat plays some lovely chords. Its the kind of stuff i do. But without the scary monster vocals [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...

Did you notice the bassist has got a squier [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I think its cool when you see artists who have kit we could all drop on out selves.

Seeing that geezers White Randy Rhoads makes me want to spray my Fernandes Randy Rhoads white! Its black now, just put some EMGs in it. LOVELY [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You bang on with the guys seem real down to earth, loved the bit where he plays that real jaszzy sad chord and says "whats the chord? I don't know but i always play iy"

Well worth a watch, for the interesting chord shapes

Comment

I didn't notice the Squier, thats cool. There seem to be a few artists here and there that have a Squier in their rig.

If thats what your stuff sounds like, lets hear it!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The sad jazzy chord is a minor 9th (without the b7, which makes it a touch less jazzy and more dramatic). They do use that one a lot!

Comment

hey dude thanks man, I will post some for you.. i am bit embarassed now [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Thanks for telling me what the chord was,

How would i be able to post my stuff here etc..??

Thanks again hee hee

Just trying to work out if that guy with The rnady rhoads has got EMGs, i love those pickups! Got em in mine now
        Opeths tracks are really long I have found.. have they done shorter songs... ?

Comment

In the MP3 section there are many threads on how to record and post if you go back a bit. It sounds like your stuff is already recorded? If it is in Mp3 form already, most people here set up a free account at http://www.onlinerock.com and then just link up from here. Or Mp3.com but online rock is easier for the short term. I can tell you how I record in detail if you want, just email me.

Comment

Well I got some riffs I have done recorded down that you could have a quick listen to, rough and ready and with me tuning up and everything. It was done to show a friend that i could really play guitar..

I was also planning to record a new peice as well, again a brief composition without drums and stuff.

I will send you an email, I got Cubase SX, POD xt and bags of enthusiasm [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !

Cheers

Where u from btw

Comment

I'm pretty sure the reason the bassist is playing a Squier is that he's playing what they had on hand, i.e it's not his bass.

But yeah, I'd love a nice white RR or KV. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

hey, thanks for telling about that video... I just saw it and loved the interview... they are one of the most amazing bands I have ever heard.. great composition and recording... I can't get tired of Opeth, I always want to hear more of it...

The interviewer asks some pretty stupid questions though, he could have done a much better job there bringing out what is involved in their composition proceseses, which is where the band really excels...

I love it when the lead guitar says "we all hate it when you can predict what is coming in a song"... I hate that!, and I love opeth because of its diversity and its ability to surprise.

Thanks again.

Comment

Yeah its really cool, an old composition technique to go against your ears. Opeth use it very well [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Man listening to Bleak right now. Very unique band they are. Anything but death for sure even though some vocals are death. Man they sure do play very interesting chords. I love it when bands do that. That is what was good about Slayer they coul always find the spooky sounding melodies. These guys can always find the sad long drowning groove chords.
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

well opeth are my joint favourate band with pantera and decapitated.

just to let you know the bassist was playing the squire because that is the only bass that was available to tape the lesson with as he hadnt brought he basses with him.

Opeth rule.

when i saw them live they sounded better then on cd

Comment

That video lesson is from guitar.com....In the text portion on the page with the video's it mentions that they just grabbed the bass player a Squier bass that was lying around at the office, he doesn't actually play Squiers...

Comment

Working...
                        X