Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) guitar lesson VIDEO

Adrian Smith guitar lesson

On the left hand side of the screen, there are links to the videos. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Funny stuff too. He screws up, he doesn't know the names of notes on the fretboard, and he fidgets uncomfortably. It adds a little more "human" aspect for me and we realize that nobody's perfect! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) guitar lesson VIDEO

Hey I loved that, thanks!... he is a cool guy and he IS more melodic than Dave and Janick... he is my personal favorite of all the three even though he is the least technical of them... Adrian is just the most Maiden sounding one to my ears...

I really like the version of "The number of the beast" in D tuning... never thought of playing it that way before...

Hey, what is going on when he plays the flight of icarus?... you hear like the clean chords gets sustained in the back but he is riffing back again on top... am I wrong?... or what is he using for that?...

I hated the fenders there though...

[ April 26, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Yeah, the stuff in Drop-D sounded kinda good (see my post in the "Tech Q&A" forum about Drop-D). Adrian only started doing it recently after he came back from playing in Bruce's band... well, you saw the video, you know the facts! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think he was just striking the barre chord on F# for "Flight Of Icarus".

I thought the Fender Tele was a bit strange! Drop-D on a twangy "country" guitar with raging distortion!

I don't think Adrian's amp was too loud either... you can clearly hear the strings on his guitar being plucked loudly.

Comment

Ohhhh... is that what is going on?... I was hearing like an undistorted guitar in the background and I was going crazy... hehehe... silly me...

Comment

I just watched the video again, and I noticed what you were referring to in "Flight Of Icarus". You can hear the natural acoustic sound of his guitar quite loudly in that part, and I think that's what you were hearing as a "clean guitar". Again, because his amp wasn't very loud to begin with, and he's playing pretty hard.

And, to correct myself, that is NOT a Fender Tele, it's a SQUIER Tele! You can clearly see "Squier" on the headstock. Shame on me, shame on Adrian!!

And shame on Dave in THIS picture!!!

Comment

Shame indeed
            A red waistcoat and skin tight lycra pants [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Why ARE they called waistcoats anyways? They look more like vests or something to me! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

"The page cannot be displayed"

Why can't I enter that page? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Interesting... the page doesn't seem to work anymore.

I even tried doing my initial method of finding that page. I went to Google.com, typed in "adrian smith guitar.com", and clicked on the first link. Still didn't work.

That's a headscratcher. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I wish I saved the damn video so that I could share it with you. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Try this URL.

http://69.18.150.22/features/viewfea...eID=117&page=2

Guitar.com had a make over. The old site is available by IP until May 31st.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Now I can enter the page, but the videos doesn't seem to load [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

H is cool. His Rhoads or King V or whatever he has should see more action, though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That lesson is pretty old, but still very cool. I like his style a lot, Murray is more of a one-trick animal (lots of trills and pentatonic wanking, occasionally with wah) and Janick.. well, he's the substitute mascot and stage dancer...

Comment

actually yanick is a better guitarist than both of them. adrian told them to get him when he left. granted adrian writes the best solo's dave is a hammer on front pickup kind of guy and yanick should join riverdance... but i like the way dave is dressed in that pick and you don't need a great guitar to play great. the IM boys can make any guitar sound like IM because its them.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Same here. I couldn't get anything to load off that page.

Matt

Comment

NOTP:
                              And, to correct myself, that is NOT a Fender Tele, it's a SQUIER Tele!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it is a Strat [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X