how does Vito do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does Vito do it?

Ok, so I am sitting here listening to "tell me" by White Lion. If you rememeber well, that song is dominated by some pretty serious brutal artificial harmonics.

However this aint no Zakk Wylde noise, Vito is a king of tone and therefore pulls it off quite clean and nice.

The question is:

How do you get these BRUTAL but elegant natural harmonics?... I am thinking the only way you can get them is in studio by isolating the portion with the harmonic and then compresing and increasing the volume.

Also, I own one guitar with EMGs and another one with SDs and they bioth refuse to do it...

P.S. Please dont answer: "by touching the string with the pick and your thumb at the same time..."... I have been doing that for 15 years and even though I get some nice ones they are [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] compared to Vito's (sorry, I just love that emoticon, I had to use it)

[ April 17, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: how does Vito do it?

well you can use your pick and middle finger at the same time,that gives you a less aggresive sound that sometimes works better..lol

vito rules mate

Comment

vito's tone is very midrange heavy without a lot of high-end, and very compressed...copy his tone and you'll get what you're after...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I believed he used the ADA-MP1 pre-amp on everything he had. Like DM said....lots of mids and highs....and he has sort of a "jazz fusion" sound going on in his solos too. Lots of tone.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
        X