Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String lubrication

Guys,

I just came back from a gig and I was feeling like the strings on my guitar were very dry. I would really like to put something on them to lubricate to improve my playing but I am not into buying expensive stuff for this. What do you use?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

[ April 04, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: String lubrication

Elbow grease.

Comment

Chicken grease.

Comment

Lemon Oil.

Comment

String lube is stupid, just put on new strings

Comment

I'm surprised you actually want to LUBE em up! Whenever I play like that, my hands get ****ing sweaty and i want to keep the strings DRY.

Comment

Ace, no thanks my fingers stay erect all night already.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

String lubrication?! Now thats something i have never thought about, why would you want to lube your strings?.....anyway im sure KY would do the job! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

lol, the string lube is just a stupid gimic that companies use to rip off newbies, new strings are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Buttler:
                    Chicken grease.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would also go with chicken grease. I remember reading about some famous bass player (can't remember who right now) that eats a bucket of fried chicken before playing. He says the grease on his fingers helps him play better!
                    I've also heard of using nose grease (that's right, rubbing your fingers on your nose and rubbing off the oil that accumulates through the day)!!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam you're thinking of Jaco Pastorius. As far as the lube goes, my friend used to use this special guitar stuff, but I haven't seen him in a while, so if we talk I will ask him.

Comment

Jaco, that's it! Thanks, Boxcar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use "Fast Fret" by GHS. I love the stuff...definitely helps me play faster and makes the string feel brand new. It's great stuff go try it.

- Joel
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

That might be what my friend used. It came in a round stick can and you took the top off and rubbed the stuff on the strings, almost like old-school deoderant cans.

Comment

I dont understand, why would you want to lube up your strings?!, surely it would just make them slippery [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X