Most difficult technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most difficult technique?

what do you think is the most difficult technique to learn. id say sweep picking or two handed tapping.

Re: Most difficult technique?

Left hand over the fretboard 6 string sweeps a la Michael Angelo [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweeping with added fingertapping looks pretty difficult to me... you know, when guys like Michael Romeo sweep someting, quickly tap a note and go back to sweeping ´ [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I dunno what the hardest technique specifically for me would be.. but this Symphony X stuff I've been practicing is killin me.. Michael Romeo is one helluva guitarist.

Comment

sweeps and picking wasn't too difficult for me...what was is the right hand while learning classical guitar. I was so used to just using a pick and my middle finger of my pick hand, you can get away with that on some pieces but to really do classical right you have use just about every finger on you pick hand. I never mastered it by any means but I can do it. I don't have a classical guitar anymore but I still play some stuff on electric tho...when I do it always takes me a while to get back into using the proper technique...that is if I can't cheat and use a pick and couple fingers [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Classical guitar technique is insane. Some of the stretches for chords will tear your hands up, and the fingerstyle picking is a nightmare if you've only used a pick. Find any version of Leyenda by Andres Segovia and you'll probably feel just a bit suckier as a guitarist. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If that's even a word.

Comment

I was given "Leyenda" as an exercise a couple of months ago. STILL haven't mastered the beginning bits at full tempo. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

flamenco is just as bad...getting all those fingers on the right hand going...no wonder the killer classical and flamenco players are old, it takes a lifetime to get some of that stuff down...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

i can tear some leyenda up, btw leyenda is by issac albeniz, not segovia
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

A few years ago my mom gave me a Satriani tab book, some live stuff. I could play it, but only at about 30 bpm. That dude flies. I saw him live on the first G3 with Vai, Eric Johnson and Kenny Wayne Shepard, and I gave up on guitar for about a month.

Comment

making it all sound good [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the technique where you use your little toe to do tripple hammerons is about the hardest. There might be another but nothing comes to mind...

Comment

THe hardest thing for me is pulling it all together. How do you play a solo using what you knwo and not sound like your showing off? That's why I'm currently obsessed with Greg Howe (even though I can't play most of that crap he does).
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Tapping comes too easy for me for some reason ...used to be a big part of my bass playing ..ala Stu Hamm.

....Never jumped on the sweeping bandwagon ....Too many players can do it way better ...so why bother [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Michael Schenker said that he learned to play Lipstick Traces totally with his toes. I imagine that that is very hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X