Dave Meniketti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Meniketti

I've just been checking out a great live track on Dave Meniketti's site and it got me to thinkin':

Does anyone here have any Y&T songs for PowerTab or GuitarPro? Preferably from In Rock We Trust or Mean Streak. Or even any old guitar mag tab scans would be good, I could load them into PT myself then.
    Hail yesterday

Re: Dave Meniketti

I second the request. We play Keep on Runnin', and the solo was surprisingly hard to learn. I'd love to see some other songs tabbed out!
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

no-one? Maybe I should've asked about the benefits of lemon oil when playing Y&T tunes. Or posted "hey, I have this new guitar. How do I play it?" or "how do I stop my pointy guitar from poking me in the boob" and then y'all would've paid my post some attention.

Fartigin bastige iceholes [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Ah, I'm glad to see they're are some Meniketti fans out there. Lets face it folks, Dave is arguably one of the finest lead shredders/lead vocalists out there. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        You also have to love his "machine gun" technique with the Les Paul Lead/Rhthym switch. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

For tabs & tid bits...Check out:

http://listen.to/yandt

or

http://www.rockindonkey.com/

or

www.meniketti.com

Dave is also one of the nicest guys in the biz and he's often posting on his message board.

[ February 01, 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Y&T ]

Comment

She's got a mean streak! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks, Y&T. Much appreciated. I've got something to start with now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

From Melodic Rock's Review Site:

Y&T's Dave Meniketti will release a solo album in Japan March 6.
              AN ENTHUSIASTIC RESPONSE FROM Y&T GIG:
              Site regular Erik mailed in to report on two of the recent Y&T gigs in California.
              He writes: "I just got back from my whirlwind trip through California to see Y&T. 7 reunion shows in 10 days. Absolutely incredible. Dave Meniketti is a guitar God for sure. His playing and vocals were just awesome. It was like 1985 all over again. They played 2 solid hours, 18 songs each night - mostly the same set list at each show. It was 80's head banging at it's best.
              Dave Meniketti's hair was sweat soaked, flying all over the place, his head bouncing up and down, sweat pouring out. Just can't say enough as to how good the shows were.
              Set list: From The Moon/Open Fire . Hurricane . 25 Hours a Day . Dirty Girl . Lipstick and Leather . Don't Stop Running . Winds of Change . Alcohol (vocals by Leonard Haze) . Barroom Boogie . Struck Down . Midnight in Tokyo . Summertime Girls . Mean Streak . I Believe in You . Hell or High Water . Forever
              Encores: Black Tiger . Rescue Me

Comment

There is a cool interview with Dave Meniketti on the Dinosaur Rock Guitar site. It is pretty long, but well worth reading for any fan. Check it out:

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/in...eniketti.shtml

Comment

Thanks for the fantastic article Wendell! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X