8 Finger tapping technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Finger tapping technique

Anyone know about this , supposedly Jeff Watson used it in You Can Still Rock in America, but the tab I got for that song doesn't look like that may be it.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: 8 Finger tapping technique

check out Jennifer Batten's playing. She is killer at it. Does Flight of the Bumblebee (amongst other songs, of course) using the technique. Her old Guitar Player column was all about 2 handed tapping.

I have an old Guitar World from '89 with Night Ranger's Man in Motion tabbed out. Jeff's solo has some 8 finger tapping in it. I'm not really familiar with his other stuff and that's the only NR album I bought, but it seemed to me that the 8 finger tapping thing was his new trick at the time, because I remember there being quite a bit on that album
    Hail yesterday

Comment

There is a great book about it called"The Right Touch" The art of hammering notes with the right hand, by Steve Lynch. I got the book when I was really trying to learn to do that kinda of stuff, great book. It takes awhile to get your left hand going, you will also need to keep your nails short.
      www.kiddhavok.com
      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I saw a jennifer batten guitar clinic a while back. She really does rock! I didnt see her do any 8 finger tapping, but she was always using two on her right hand.

Plus, she is the first guitar shredder that i can say is pretty. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

After sitting down with the tab to You can still Rock in America, I discovered 2 things.

1. It does require 8 fingers to do it at that speed.
          2. I suck! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I just can't do that stuff anymore, my Carpal Tunnel really started acing up when I tried to do it.Not sure why tapping would do that though.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
          X