A Day At The Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day At The Beach

Right lads, I have the tab, but what is the correct technique to play this song? Is it actually tricky or am I just stupid?
    BTW I learnt the first like, minute or so of Midnight so Im not completely stupid when it comes to clean electric tapping. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Re: A Day At The Beach

it isn't that tricky, most of the way through you tap with your index finger on the left hand, then with the same hand you tap the rest of the chord or notes and then tap with your right hand. So it's 2 taps with the left, and then one on the right and I think that pattern goes throughout most of the song. To get it to sound right, add in some reverb and try not to tap really hard on the low strings, otherwise you get a really booming and overpowering bass sound.

Hope that helps, if you need any more help ask something more specific and I'll try and help.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Right Ive tried that, and I still cant do it.
      Am I destined to walk through life unable to play this song?!?!?!?!?!

James

Comment

what is it exactly that you are having trouble with? describe the problem, then maybew I can help you some more.

Comment

The whole inability to play any of it. I cant grasp the tapping at anywhere near a decent speed. I have trouble sorting my fingers into the correct places in time. Im awful at it. But yet, I can play midnight, and learnt it in about 15 minutes. this is my second try at this song (last one was a couple of months ago) and its been about four days.
          Maximum Arse-age.

James

Comment

Sounds like you need to slow down a LOT! When I started it I was shown the first 10-15 seconds of it, that took me a good 4 hours of straight practicing that slowly before I could play it up at speed. Most of the rest of it came quite easily after that, just the last slow part was a ***** because the left hand fingering changes quite a bit.

I suggest you play it very slow, if your fingers can't get into the positions in time, then slow it down to a speed where they can get into the right position and practice it like that. After a while your fingers will get used to the positions they have to go into and then you can start to work on speed. Playing slowly also helps to keep it clean, which is important cause it sounds **** if you muffle one of the notes on this song or don't play it nice and clean and let it ring out.

Try it out, I hope it helps. Let me know if it does.

Comment

Cheers Gaz mate, Ill try that soon. Ive got a few too many exams at the moment to try it. As soon as I try it mate and can play it, Ill tell you here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Thanks a lot mate [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
              X