Who has the best chops here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best chops here?

> I am asking this not to be a smartass,but who of all the players here has the most chops? Back before a 5 year bout with CTS,which started in 1991,I could play just about anything I wanted,but am really struggling to get it back. Is there anyone here that can pull off Petrucci's stuff for example? Not having seen anyone but him play that stuff,was wondering if it can be reproduced accurately? Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Re: Who has the best chops here?

i know the answer is definately not me. HAHA

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Pete [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

From what I've heard about ya Sid, I'd say your probably the shred king here. Or Neddi, or Matt from Ventt... or probably some guy who just reads posts and never participates, or someone who hasn't posted sound clips yet. Who knows?

But really, and I don't mean this as a flame to the original poster, but WHO THE HELL CARES?

Take Rusty Cooley... amazingly quick playing. If you've heard or seen him, he plays like Yngwie on crack. It's a lot like some Shawn Lane stuff I've heard.

It's also boring after about 5 seconds.

Pete

[ December 23, 2002, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: OklaStrat ]

Comment

I DO!!!!

CHOPS
          "It's what's for dinner."
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            Pork Chops

Comment

Not really a chops answer, but of all the really good players I've heard here, Pete is the guy I could listen to all night.

Comment

Thanks Pete [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ December 23, 2002, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Thanks Chuck [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

chops are a tool, nothing more, to allow you to play what you hear in your head...petrucci's stuff can be difficult but mastered like anything else...me, i have no interest in country but the hellecasters are awesome, i'll never be able to play like that tho...interesting tidbit...as my chops got better my ideas expanded, always leaving me with room to grow and things to practice...i consider myself a competent guitarist and nothing more...there are a lot of great guitar players on here...troy from ventt is one of them, lots of feel but maybe not as versed in shredding...doesn't matter as he speaks thru his playing...paul gilbert said it best..."i got to the point where i could play beyond my ideas and realized i had to work on my ideas"...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

thanks Chuck. I think it's all apples and oranges tho... once you get past a certain point (that most of the guys on the forum are, imho) - it's a matter of personal preference, not really a 'better' thing.

A better or worse argument would be jackson=better, ibanez=worse. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I heard it was Dross. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

> No flame perceived here. Bad question I guess,LOL. Tommy D.
                          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

[ January 01, 2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Jack Buttler ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] Yes.....Yes he does....but, hey.....for price....its cheaper than a fist full of Vaseline.-Lou
                              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                              X