I'm gettin' stale, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gettin' stale, HELP!

I need some new songs to learn, I'm getting burned out on playing the same thing over and over again. Throw me some tunes that are fairly easy, but can help me out at the same time learning new chords and stuff. I can play alright, I played religously 10 years ago, quit, and then started playing again July. Maybe some cool tracks for learning rythm on, since leads are a long ways away. Thanks, dudes. Kevhog.

Re: I\'m gettin\' stale, HELP!

what sort of stuff have you been playing? Stuff that one person thinks is easy might be totally out of your league, and others may refrain from suggesting songs that are ideal for you because they might think they are too hard.

Cos you KNOW some folks around here are going to suggest something like Holy Wars or Cliffs of Dover as a casual warmup before they tackle something "really" difficult when you might feel more at home playing RATT or AC/DC or Van Halen.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

OK, I should have been more specific. I like to play heavy metal, and prettty much any thing with some distortion in it. I've been playing some megadeth tunes, "Holy Wars" is out of the question, "Kill the King" is gettin' pretty easy. I just need some new tunes to play, to build up my rythm skills. Throw 'em at me, if they're too hard, I'll save 'em for later.

Comment

Rythm skills eh? Check out a song called Children of Bodom by Children of Bodom. The intro to that is a little bit difficult at first but becomes very easy with some practice. You might want to check out some songs by a band called Kalmah too. Some of the rythms in that should give you one hell of a work out.

Comment

Instead of songs try this. Close your eyes when you play,it will break you out of the same old patterns,also just play along with click or a simple drum patterns

http://www.metronomeonline.com/metro...ult.asp?bhcp=1
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

try this place for tabs
            http://dsrmusic.com/metaltab/indexIE...e=1&browser=ie

or this place
            http://www.sorrowsend.com/DeathWarp/main.html
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Very cool links [img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I'll check out that tab page, and give some new stuff a whirl. I don't need a metronome, I was a drummer for years, and keepin' time is the easiest part of playing for me. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey kev

You have my email drop me an email we can set up a time you can come over i will give you a free Lesson
                  and we can jam
                  Sid

[ December 22, 2002, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Sid, you are the man. I'm gonna be out of town, until after New Years, but you can pretty much count on me heading over that way. I appreciate the offer, very much. I tried to get Chuck to help me, but all he wants to play is songs off the Hee-Haw soundtrack, now that he's got that Les Paul! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Kev that is fine with me
                      when you come over i will show what a Les Paul can do
                      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, Sid! Give 'em some Jazz progressions that would make a contortionist blush, and a surgeon quiver with antici..........pation!

Grab a looping program, like Frooty Loops or Acid Loops. There's exactly a bazillion loop-based songs out there begging to be violated with a Jackson and a high-gain amp! And it's quite humbling trying to hold meter with a fancy metronome at 120bpm...feel the burn...

Or get 'Band in a Box'. It's cheap ($30-$50), and easy to use as a all-purpose jam machine. Choose a style, pick a key, push a button - instant tuneage. Django melody Horn Section Jan Hammer synth lead played on a cello, over a bossa nova rhythm section = Really awful song [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] But it's fun to play around with. You can go all-nite long without playing 'rut-riffs' - well, after the first hour or two of hopelessly trying to adapt them to 'the machine'... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

anything by incubus.

dave

Comment

Incubus? You're kidding, right? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I would suggest learning some non-speed metal tunes.
                              I'm tellin ya, Buck Owens can tear it up!!

Comment

Working...
                              X