No announcement yet.

What are your "Impress Me" riffs/solos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your "Impress Me" riffs/solos?

Once again, let's all come clean! I asked what you CAN'T play on another thread, now tell me what you whip out in music stores, to impress girls, etc....

Mine are:

1. Eruption
    2. The Spirit of Radio
    3. The riff from "Point of Know Return" by Kansas
    4. Sweeps

[ December 16, 2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: PowerTube ]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: What are your "Impress Me" riffs/solos?

Just one thing, and it seems to send all the girls loopy that hear it played. Of course they have no idea how easy it is to play.

Day at the Beach, Joe Satriani

And there are a few other little riffs that dont really have names that sound cool that I pull out.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ December 16, 2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Gazman ]

Comment

my fave trick is to sit around with an acoustic or parker fly and fingerpick classical sounding stuff...doesn't irritate the employees as much... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

If I'm at a music store, I just do the typical stuff to check the neck out, or how the amp is responding, depending on what I am looking at... a few fast picked runs to see how the amp responds, and the string angle on the neck, some legato stuff to check the neck's feel, some chords, etc... I don't really do long amp/guitar demos, after about a minute I know if I want it or not. Working in a music store got most of my wankery out. If you want to put on a show for people, go join a band and get some gigs...

Playing live is a whole 'nother story... I usually don't do anything really weird unless I notice guys with their arms crossed giving me the evil eye (other guitar players, likely talking sh*t to their buddies about me) then I break out the trembabalos and wheedly wheedly whee.

Pete

Comment

Blink 182 - All The Small Things [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

AC/DC - Highway to Hell [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

just a random improvisation

Comment

I tend to bust out the solo to 'Warheart' by Children of Bodom when there are alot of people around. It turns quite a few heads. Then intro to 'Lake Bodom' also has the same effect.

Comment

that's cos they're saying "what's that aweful noise?"

j/k

Comment

that's doubtfull because children of bodom are the best metal band i've ever heard. And I can play some of it damn good too.

I'm wondering why you would say such a thing.. you must be one of those people that listen to ****ty american metal. I believe they call it 'nu' metal both because they can't spell and they can't play anything that competes with real metal. And in case you are wondering, I live in the US.

I'm not trying to start a rant.. Just giving my opinion. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i've busted out Toccata and Fugue in D Minor a few times, always turns the heads and best of all, it's always known. overall... i usually just improv... at warp speed cap'n!... yeah, that was a major [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . oh well.
                      OH YEAH... if it's about showing off or trying to see how two amps sound together, i'll bring a friend along 'n usually just duel back 'n forth... sometimes [real lady grabber i've noticed] "Racing With the Devil on a Turkish Highway.

Comment

oh I forgot thunderstruck by AC/DC that one always turns heads. And I too believe COB are ****. Sorry man, just my oppinion, don't want to start a rant. HAHA. Oh and buckethead has a very wide taste in music, and a lot of it is very good stuff.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Deadnight if you'd read my entire post you would have noticed the "j/k" at the bottom. This abbreviation stands for "just kidding". It was a joke, so please refrain from making judgments about me when you don't know anything in the slightest.

Comment

Yes, I caught that part. And I'm sorry for making judgement on you.. but my judgment on American metal stands as it is. And I'd rather not have a debate about it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I realized it was just a joke. But deep down I had a feeling you where trying to slam children of bodom and I don't take kindly to that. Sorry for being so rational about it.

I find it very funny that somebody gave me a low member rating because they didnt agree with my opinion. A very clever person he is. He almost rivals a tub of worms.

[ December 17, 2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Deadnight ]

Comment

Don't be a wussy- any of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X