Sweeping Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweeping Part II

Ok, trying to make em easier to view - no more ascii stuff. Here we go...

First, a recap with Ex.1 - the two string sweep(rakes) we learned in the first lesson.

Ex.2 Is a refresher on the E minor pentatonic scale.

So if we use the same technique as in Ex1, and use the notes from the Eminor scale from Ex.2, we get Ex.3:

Ex.4 shows the E minor pentatonic scale the position behind the usual 12th fret one.... and also makes it into a sweep/rake lick:

Finally, Example 5 puts the two forms together - check it out!

Next will be the last of the two string stuff, then we'll go on to three string sweeps. As always, practice things SLOWLY and if they aren't being played smoothly, slow it back down. You can always build up the speed later.

Pete

[ December 07, 2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: OklaStrat ]

Re: Sweeping Part II

Excellent Pete. Thanks!

Comment

Cool! Pretty inventive... Can I steal that? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Pete, sorry to be a little off-topic, but how did you post that instead of writing it in ascii? Is that Power Tab? Take a screen shot? I was trying to figure it out when I posted the thing about the Hirajoshi scale because it's a pain to type it out...

thanks.

Comment

power tab, imported into adobe photoshop, cropped, changed to greyscale, jpg'd, saved on my webpage, linked to here.

*whew*. It's a little more trouble in some ways, but it sure does look better.

Pete

Comment

It looks great Pete, and thanx for the excellent post! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep - that's the same thing I did with Paganini's 5th. Changing it to grey scale keeps the size very small.

Comment

Pete, will you be putting sound clips up per chance? Thanks, Jeff.

Comment

great stuff!

thank you once again.

DRH

Comment

Pete, will you be putting sound clips up per chance? Thanks, Jeff.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I will do that next time.

Comment

Depends on how much time I have... I sure would like to though. All the examples are just played with the notes at the same duration - so other than fingerings (which is shown in the tab) there shouldn't be a lot of confusion.

pete

Comment

I know that finding the time to record audio samples can be a problem but can't you export the power-tab as a midi file so people can get a general idea of what it sounds like? Thanks for taking the time to put this stuff up, I know how time consuming it can be tabbing this stuff out!

Comment

Working...
                          X