X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more post ?

Well some of you have noticed i deleted my posts
    well the reason why is
    it takes time for me to post these licks and it seems that not to many of you are looking at them
    it is all good to talk about picks and stuff like that.
    but i make a living Teaching Guitar and when i post stuff it is a gift to you guys from me
    but when i see my post at the bottom of the list under what picks do you use how to pick and can someone scan something (that if they would look they would find it on the net somewhere)

i just feel like i am wasting my time
    sorry to go off if there are more interest maybe i will post again [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Re: No more post ?

Sid I understand you completely.. but don't think that your posts weren't appreciated, cuz they definetely were [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The thing is, there aren't that many active posters on the board. Not everyone would even attempt to play the licks you posted simply because they're not at that level just yet, and a lot people are past that level. So technique and licks posts can only target a certain amount of people.. the post about picks is something everyone can relate to no matter how good or bad they are. The board is growing though, more and more people are coming, so maybe you should try again in a few months when there will be more people able to use your help. Otherwise you're gonna have to spend triple the time posting for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What you could do is, start a 'suggestions' thread.. see what people want to learn. That way you know you won't be wasting any time and you'll be helping people out more directly.

Comment

Sid, thanks for the posts you did do...I copied them to text files, as I rather liked what you were posting.

If I end up living in your area, I will have to look into lessons with you.

Comment

Well, I appreciated your work, and I know it's a pain to write that out.

You are welcome to cross post them on my EZBoard in the guitar area for now Sid. I'll make a technique area if you were going to. They will stay there a lot longer than here. And I would stick some stuff that was important for you. Not as many people will see it yet. But it's picking up.

If not, no biggie, just offering [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm trying to go more equipment than local lately... And change the board some... Getting a few tech articles there. Soloist, Spiderman, Chuckracer, Vince etc...

See where it goes!

Link below!

Comment

Just because it's not at the top doesn't mean people aren't looking.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

i couldn't agree more with dave...

sid, i too wondered what happened to your posts, and i think that the board beneifts from them. seeing that they're not at the top of the threads doesn't mean they have value, and hell, this is the place to talk picks, too.

post away man, many people benefit from it.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i loved your posts man. While I'm not at the level to play some of it. I copied it all into a word doc. so that when I feel ready to learn it I have somewhere good to start. Which should be soon, summer hols are long.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ December 07, 2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Gazman ]

Comment

yeah i liked em too...
                sat in front of my pc with my squier and played the licks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well if ya give us some time to work the script so they can be locked in place that would probably help .. I have to agree not every one that visits this board is not at the level that Sid may be teaching, and therefore may not be bothering to read them through.Another point to be made is the is area is fairly new and people are still getting used to getting around on the new board. . After posting them though I see no good reason for removing them as even at the bottom they still add value in the long run ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I definitely appreciate them Sid. Like others said - just because they are not at the top, or people aren't actively replying - does NOT mean that they aren't being read or used.

Comment

yea, what the others said. I was disappointed when I saw you'd pulled them. Although I won't blow through those sort of licks like some of you guys, I still loved playing them. They draw me out of my comfort zone and get me thinking of different ways to approach licks. Anything you more experienced players can impart to us wannabes and never-wases can only be of benefit to the board. I hope you reconsider and start posting them again [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I understand what you are saying Sid, and I agree with you.

Comment

C'mon Sid.... there are folks interested in the licks you've posted and pulling them is kind like a kid who takes his football home because the other kids won't let him play quaterback [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Just remember just because a post gets buried doesn't mean no on is looking at...also I am sure there were folks who looked at it and said to themselves.."cool lick" learned it and moved on without posting a reply.

[ December 08, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I liked the 'tip-of-the-week'. Can we desinate Sid as the official on this catagory and pin his 'tip-of-the-week' posts at the top?

I thought when posts were replyed to they went to the top and not when they were viewed.

joe...
                            www.godwentpunk.com
                            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Well I am going to Start posting them on my Web Site
                              i wil post the link soon

Comment

Working...
                              X