What's the best way to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to...

pick every single not chromatically from 24 all the way down to 1 at high speed. I've listened to a live version of Flight of the Bumblebee and it has some incredibly fast picking in it and i'm stumped as the best way to finger each note. Would it be (where p: pinky, r: ring, m: middle, i: index)
    24th - p
    23rd - r
    22nd - m
    21st - i
    20th - p
    19th - r
    etc...

or some other way that would mean you could slide your hand down fast enough?

Sorry if this isn't entirely clear, hopefully you understand what i'm getting at.

Re: What\'s the best way to...

yep thats how its done. No sliding, just playing every note one at a time using alternate picking. Its pretty hard, i practiced it from Troy Stetina's Speed Metal Mechanics for quite a while. I didn't play it for like a year and then just last week when i came back to it for some reason I could play it really well just after a few tries, strange. The hardest thing about it is stamina for me.. eventually my fingers get too tired towards the end of the song, but i can fix that by just playing it more often so no biggy. Just like every other thing, you gotta start slow and get the timing down. Play it clean, and make sure your picking hand doesn't get tensed up, keep it relaxed while you alternate pick. Its a really fun song to play, and it always blows people away [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X