Fret replacement in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret replacement in Dallas

There seems to be very few guitar reapair shops in Dallas that claim they can do fret jobs.
    Have any of you fellow Dallas residents used someone locally?
    I used to do mine myself, but I don't have any of the tools anymore.

What seems to be the going rate for a complete fret replacement these days? (rosewood is usually cheaper than Maple)

Re: Fret replacement in Dallas

Look at the top o the page [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Kevin has a repair shop and his rates are very reasonable. I think refrets vary in price by location. Here, in NC, it is very expensive I have found.

Give them a call or e-mail them for specifics, but he has a price guide on his site also.

Comment

yes, kevin does great work, but i'm a bit biased, as he kinda showed me the fretting ropes. his jc pedigree should speak for itself.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yes, I recommend Easton as well.

And his repair prices are great.

If you were in the houston area, My shop would be able to take care of you as well.

But I know of no other reputable/known repair shops around that area but him.

Ok Kev, now its time to send some repairs and customers out my way to the Houston area [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

here in NY i paid $250 for a full re-fret, ebony board w/binding. it was done by one of the guys John Suhr worked with at Rudys, so i know i paid more than i should have but it was worth it. they also had to plain the board it had a slight lift in the last 4-5 frets.

Comment

I would recommend Kevin Easton also [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] . His pricing is very fair and I've heard nothing but good about his shop. I'll be shipping him some of my stuff after NAMM.

Comment

Kevin is in Ft Worth, which is not really that far,(60-75 miles)... but is anyone here playing one of his fret jobs?

There is a guy here named Mitch Cigainero that was the J/C repair guy for years and he has a brother (Mark) that has re-topped some prewar Martins, and he also did all the floyd mods on Dimebag's Deans. I'm leaning towards using him.

Comment

Working...
              X