Humbucker from hell, F spaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker from hell, F spaced?

Does this mean it will work properly with a floyd? ie string volume etc. It's a schaller floyd on a soloist pro, and the lace sensor red i tried recently had the volumes all messed up. I assume that the H from H being F spaced means it will work [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Also do you know if there is a way to lower/raise the poles on this pickup?
    thanks in advance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Humbucker from hell, F spaced?

okay thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . Yes I do know that its got a single coil sound, and that's what I'm looking for. The red lace sensor in the bridge was good, but string balance was all over the place. Is it a standard allen wrench, ie one that comes in sets that you buy?
    cheers
    john

Comment

Yeah, one of the small allen wrenches you can get in a set. I'm not sure of the size offhand, but some Duncan, Carvin and DiMarzio pickups have pole pieces like that on certain models.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just to comment on the poleiece allignment thing, I used to have an old Peavey guitar, and the stock pickup's pole piece did not line up under the high E string, and if I hit the high E on a downstroke, I got considerably less volume than if i hit it on the upstroke. I know that shouldn't make a difference because the string vibrates in the same manner either way, but I swear it to be true! I adjusted the tabs on the pickup so it would line up better, and then I ran into the same problem on the low E! It was just one of those annoying things....

Comment

Any pickup will work properly with a Floyd. F-spacing (Fender spacing or Floyd spacing) just means the pole pieces will line up directly under the strings compared to a Gibson-type humbucker where the spacing is different. Even if they don't line up, it's really not that big of a deal, as the magnet is strong in enough to pick up the signal anyway. Though, some people claim they can hear a difference, and sometimes the look of the poles not lining up will bug them.

The HFH is available in regular and F-spaced versions, and, yes, the poles are adjustable on the HFH with a little allen wrench.

You do know that the HFH is a single coil sounding pickup in a humbucker housing, right? Most people use it in the neck position. Though, you could use it in the bridge if you're looking for a really bright, Strat-type sound.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X