warmoth neck on model body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warmoth neck on model body?

will a warmoth neck fit on a model series body?

i have a model 3 i'm thinking about replacing the neck on.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Re: warmoth neck on model body?

it will fit, but you'll more than likely have a bit of a gap on either side of the neck pocket. warmoth necks have a 2 3/16" heel, and charvel/jackson (with the exception of stratheads)usually have a 2 1/4" heel.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Which is a great big difference of 1/16" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I got 2 Model 2s with Warmoth Strat necks, and they fit just fine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Even the Baritone Conversion neck fits just fine on a Model 375 body [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yes, it's not much of a difference, but that's an area that you want as tight as you can get it.

sully
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Use duct tape to fill the gap. Or wood glue.

Comment

or boogers.
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Which is a great big difference of 1/16"
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that all you needed to go when you cracked those screws off in the floyd nut you were trying to mount? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

OOOooooo... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

socko!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Boogers..interesting concept....

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                      or boogers.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Snot works better at gap filling and when it dries it turns into boogers anyway.
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which is a great big difference of 1/16"
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that all you needed to go when you cracked those screws off in the floyd nut you were trying to mount? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I still had 1/8" left to go - which, again, was a big difference of only 1/16" - coincidence or conspiracy? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

hey newc?

you got and pics of those model 2 warmoth strats?

i'd love to see em!

~JW
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Oh yeah, me too cause the body I'll use on this project is a Charvel model 2. And I want to know if it can be routed for a reccesed Floyd using the Fender type neck.

Comment

JT6-era Charvel Model models were made for a non-recessed trem, which means the neck pocket angle is not set for a recessed trem.
                              Warmoth necks follow Fender's specs of surface-mounted trems only unless you custom order it with the correct heel angle.

No pics just yet - still working on them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              One's black, neck hummer route added by previous owner, birdseye/birdseye neck, black hardware on head, chrome on body, Dimarzio SD3 bridge/Lawrence L250 in the neck (or whatever that rail thing was that came on Mustaine Pro KVs). The neck also has Stainless Steel frets.

The other is white (faded to cream) with a waterslide decal Flying Tiger graphic (in two parts) with the neck coming out of its mouth. "Plain" maple/maple neck, chrome all over (ran out of black [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and only one hum. I'm adding a piezo trandsucer to the Floyd, but I gotta find a way to stuff the preamp into the control cavity [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It'll be switched with a push/pull knob [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              I already got the transducer on the Floyd, just gotta shim the saddles to keep them from mashing the ceramic. I'll also be adding another piezo to the bottom low E side as it gets a great "wood tone" in the right spot - just gotta make a brace to hold it on [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X