Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

guitar tracks and pro tracks...all fucked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar tracks and pro tracks...all fucked.

we've been sitting here trying to figure out these cakewalk products..we have both. they were working fine yesterday and the day before that...now...they don't want to recognize our audio inputs...and when I try to fuck with the audio properties...GTpro goes nuts and freezes teh computer.

I give up..I hate technology. Anybody have a cheap solution for recording...any cheapass multi track recorders that I should look at?

Re: guitar tracks and pro tracks...all fucked.

Uninstall the program (cakewalk) and re-install it. If that doesn't work try uninstalling your sound card drivers and re-installing them. Could be a registry problem, and that should fix it. Otherwise maybe your sound card just took a shit. If the above doesn't fix the problem replace the sound card. Also, if you're running an AMD chipset you may never get it to work right consistently. Cakewalk products seem to really be picky about chipset/processor combinations. (in my experience) That's all I can offer.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Re: guitar tracks and pro tracks...all fucked.

Fostex has one for $300, it's digital and has a USB out so you can still get some use out of your PC. They also have better models for more cash, I went with the VF160 cause I got sick of sitting in front of the MAC all the time. Nice to be able to record wherever you want. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Korg and Yamaha also make great units as well, shop around and I'm sure you'll find a deal. Of course you can always stick it out with your PC, just be prepared to buy ALOT of asprin! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X