What causes this (Wiring problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes this (Wiring problem)

I've got a two EMG, two volume setup. On each pick up, when you turn the volume all the way down, you can still here it throught he amp if you hit the strings. I tried isolating it out by only wiring one at a time straight to the jack and bypassing the switch. Each one does it. Is this just a normal EMG thing? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I've got other guitars wired in this same configuration, but with Duncans and they are dead quiet when the volume is off, no matter how high the volume of the amp. Suggestions?

Thanks
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: What causes this (Wiring problem)

Yep, that's normal on guitars with two volume knobs (especially Les Pauls). My Hamer has V/V/T and is the same way. If you turn both volumes down, then the sound goes away completely. There is a way to wire it where it won't do it. Rick from EMG at one time sent me the wiring scheme for Master/Independent wiring. You can have it wired for each volume independent or each volume as a master volume. I've just decided to keep the wiring as is, because it's not that big a deal and you can only hear it very slightly through the amp.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just sent you an email with the PDF download for the wiring. I sent two emails actually, because I forgot to attach it the first time. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you very much. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Can't that type of problem be fixed also by installing a resistor (<--?) inline before the output ?

Comment

Working...
            X