No announcement yet.

Noisy active EQ circuit - help, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy active EQ circuit - help, please.

I just bought a bass that has EMG-HZ pickups in it and an active EQ (high and low boost/cut). I am getting pulsating, high frequency noise through my amp. I know it is not my amp because I can unplug the bass and it goes away, and I can plug in one of my other guitars, and it is not there.

What might be the cause, and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could remedy the problem? I would prefer to fix it properly, not just wire around the active circuitry.

Thanks,

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Noisy active EQ circuit - help, please.

Start by checking everything that can be checked: battery, solder joints, grounding. Also, try to see if it pulsates when you move around the room. Maybe there is some interference from an electrical device (TV, monitor, transformer, etc.). EMG-HZ are passive pickups, right? I don't know why, but I always feel that passives don't work with active eq as good as active pickups do. Sure, EMG says there is no problem, but I think they make those eqs with the actives in mind. I'm sure someone on the board will have some other ideas. Stick around.

Comment

Working...
    X