Having a Neck RE-Fretted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a Neck RE-Fretted

I need to have my jackson neck refretted it has come time to have this done.. Is GMW the way to go and how much will this set me back. also it is a bolt on neck if that makes a difference.

D

Re: Having a Neck RE-Fretted

You're probably looking at $175 for that. I can't tell you what GMW charges for sure, but I had one done locally and that's what it cost. (this was a bolt on neck)

Comment

I heard that there's a shop in Mexico that'll do it for $35.00.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah, and all the burritos ya want while they do it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously....A good refret is expensive...moreso with a bound board....

Get references, and ask to see some of his work...if he is worth his salt, he'll have a couple of guitars/necks that he's done.

A bad refret will totally ruin your day [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:

A bad refret will totally ruin your day [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So true! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

If you'll click on the Easton Guitars link above you'll find that they do them for $75.00 to $90.00
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I am seriously considering shipping some of my guitars to Kevin for repairs (including one that needs a refret). So far, I have tried 6 places over the last year here in Cincinnati for simple repairs like pickup installation (before I got over the fear and did it myself) and setups. I had to take every one back atleast 1 time for glaring workmanship problems on each....the volume and tone controls worked backwards, fret buzz worse than it was prior to service, neck pickup not even wired up, and plenty of new dings. This wasn't just one place, either, which tells of the quality repairmen we have here. I have heard nothing but good about Kevins repair shop, and I intend on trying him out the next time I need something done (the $40 shipping would be worth it to me to not have the problems I've had!).
              BTW, does anyone in the greater Cincy area have a recommendation for a repair shop ?

Comment

Working...
              X