I need trem advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need trem advice

I've got a couple of Charvel bodies that I'm wanting to make into sweet mutts. One has an old Jackson trem with a really coarse, textured finish to it. There are two metal trem posts in the body and a narrow rout where the old tremblock went. I'd like to put an OFR in its place. Is this going to work using the existing posts and rout?
    Second body had a Kahler I believe. Body has a deep 8 sided route (one large rectangular with a small rectangular route attached on the neck side) with 4 screww holes. I guess the best thing to do would be to find a Kahler right? Would any Floyd even work with this guitar body? Thanks. If anyone has the appropriate trems for sale, please let me know. I posted similar in the classifieds.

Re: I need trem advice

The old trem you're referring to sounds like JT6 and a Floyd should drop right in there. The guitar with the Kahler route should probably stay Kahler. There's a lot of filling and routing required to replace a Kahler pro with a floyd.
    Hope this helps.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks Mark,
      Does the JT-6 have any markings on it to say what it is? Maybe I'll check with KEvin to see if he has any Floyds. Thanks

Comment

If the fine tuners are on the rear and encase the string locking screws (as opposed to on the top of the trem) it is a JT6. I can get you a new Schaller floyd if you want, and for a pretty good price. Kev may have new ones or even some good used ones. He's a fantastic person to deal with.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yep, it's a JT-6 alright. Monte got a hold of me and he has an OFR. I told him I was interested but i haven't heard back yet. I'll PM you about the Schaller Floyd.

Comment

Working...
          X