Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an idea...what do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an idea...what do you guys think?

I have a KV Pro with a Kahler APM 3310 (non trem Kahler)...I'm thinking about getting rid of it in exchange for a tune-a-matic string thru (like on the Y2KV).

Re: I have an idea...what do you guys think?

Bad Idea IMO. Every guitar i've ever seen with a trem switch has always looked hacked up. Cool if your going for a total refin, otherwise sell the guitar and get a Y2KV.

Comment

Works for me:

Did it myself (first time) and it came out only half-assed [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd let a pro do it though (the bridge swap AND the refin) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The 3310 has a small hole under it in the body where the ground wire attaches, but I'm sure it can be filled and smoothed over if you had it re-painted.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What's so bad about the 3310 that people keep replacing them?

Comment

My 3310's fine tuners are shit...they can't bring the pitch lower. My 3310 also has serious problems with keeping in tune over a long period of time. Besides, adjusting action and intonation is so fucking tedious...

And I already have a Y2KV in Green Ghost Flames...that's where I got the idea from [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper:
            And I already have a Y2KV in Green Ghost Flames...that's where I got the idea from [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Got pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper:
              My 3310's fine tuners are shit...they can't bring the pitch lower.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's probably because you've got them screwed all the way out!
              [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

so what? Did you do it?
                What about the sound? is it better or worse, now?

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

cuz me has the Kong-V 1, and well...there is a lack of sound. Maybe a string-thru would improve a bit...

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

in concreto [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

compare the RR1 string-thru with the black KV1: is there a sound differece?

hopefully one can tell me... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X