Kahler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler question

My neighbors model 4 keeps breaking the high E string. I put a new one on and got it in tune, 5 minutes later Im needing another one. I dont see anything in th saddle or anything, any suggestions?

Thanks, Don

Re: Kahler question

What brand of string is it?
    Is it breaking in the coil in front of the ball?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

DaAddario 10 guage and they are breaking right at the ball.

THanks

Comment

Yup. I had trouble with those when I had a Kahlered guitar (genuine Kahler I had put on a crapass LP copy), and the string literally tore itself off the ball. Dean Markley's will most-likely break just past the twisted part in front of the ball, and GHS will either break right in front of the ball (leaving a little bit of the twist still attached) or will rip completely off like the D'Adarrios.

Ernie Ball Super Slinky 10-46 should work the best [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You could also try putting a bot of solder on the ball end and the twists. It could be there's a burr or rough spot on the string holder that's cutting at the string. I find that bending the strings to conform to the cam surface really helps on string breakage as well as keeping the strings from popping out
          if you drop them slack a lot.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X