Which neck pickup to go with the X2N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which neck pickup to go with the X2N?

Ok well im thinking of getting a new neck pick up for my RR3, switching from the X2N to the neck pick up sounds awful. The Invader like humbucker just doesn't match up to the X2N so which pick up would be best suited to go with the X2N?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Which neck pickup to go with the X2N?

What do you want it for, just cleans or do you use it for rhythm and leads as well?
    If you use it only for cleans, I'd stick a Duncan Custom or JB in it and put a push/pull knob to split it.
    If you're using it for rhythms and leads, I'd try another X2N bridge model in the neck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    But then, I'm odd that way [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well with my washburn (which i rarely use) i used to use the neck pickup (seymour duncan 59)for cleans and some leads. I want to get a similar sound but i don't think the 59 would work well with the X2N because of the X2N's high output
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

A DiMarzio Super Distortion, Super 2 or Super 3 would work well. I played an X2N for years on my old Kramer, never really used the two single coil pups on the guitar, but they seemed to match decently. If I were to put it in another guitar with a neck humbucker, I'd definitely go with a Super 2 for the neck position.

Also, like Newc suggested, you could always use another X2N in the neck, but it would be overpowering and you'd have to keep it lower. I don't understand how an Invader doesn't match up well for you when it's close in output to the X2N anyway. I had two Invaders in my Kelly that were pretty good sounding, but I had to keep them lower so there wouldn't be overpowering overtones. Maybe put the Invader in the bridge and the X2N in the neck since the X2N has more high end and the Invader has more low end... it might balance out better soundwise.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X