Pickup wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup wiring

Ok, I just got a peavey Adrian vandenburg model.
    Badass guitar for the money.

It has 1 single coil, and a humbucker.
    I just got a Duncan Invader...
    Could I wire this up on the existing wires?
    Lets say I can, woudl it be ok to splice them, and wire them up with one of those screw cap terminals?

I am at work, and really wanna put this in tonight, but I do not have a soldering iron at the moment.

Thanks..

Re: Pickup wiring

If you use wire nuts I will have to kill you. Wait and get a soldering iron and do it the right way bro. Splicing wires is only ok if your existing wires aren't long enough. Please tell me you didn't remove the custom wound Vandenberg humbucker that was in it. Actually tell me you did and that you are selling it because I WANT IT!!!!!!!What is your serial #?

Comment

Ok ok, I won't splice. I will do it the right way tommorow.

Yes, I'm taking out the pup, its not hot enuff for me. If you want it, I would consider selling it. Email me at [email protected] tonight, and I will reply with my serial # and stuff.

Steve

Comment

jg - The serial number on that one is in the late 2000s, it's deinfitely one of the early ones. I can vouch for the pup too, I bought this one NOS and just sent it to Steve. All original AFAIK.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Gwarghoul, if you can afford to buy guitars and pickups why haven't you been able to afford the shipping for the neck I paid you for almost three weeks ago?? That's my only question. Your excuses sounded really convincing until now. I'm really starting to get kinda pissed at you.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Mark,
            We traded. Simple. I told you I was shipping the neck out friday. I have not shipped him hsi guitars (nor could I at the moment), as he reuquested after the holidays.

I don't appreciate those kind of remarks. If you emailed me, in question, that would be fine. Bringing this to the board, making assumptions, is not.

I am shipping it tommorow, as planned. I told you $15 for shipping, that I received today.

Comment

Yep, I traded Steve the Vandy and a couple of other items in exchange for some things he's going to shoot back my way after the holidays (delay at my request).
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                jg - The serial number on that one is in the late 2000s, it's deinfitely one of the early ones. I can vouch for the pup too, I bought this one NOS and just sent it to Steve. All original AFAIK.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought that the 1st gen vandy's with the Kahler 2700 were all under 2000. Mine was 1517 and I also had a 1543. My 2nd gen one was much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                  I thought that the 1st gen vandy's with the Kahler 2700 were all under 2000. Mine was 1517 and I also had a 1543. My 2nd gen one was much higher.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">jg - I picked up the one I still have, Steve's and one other as a lot. Two (mine and Steve's) were the early series, both had serial numbers in the high 2k's. The one I still have is #2784 (IIRC Steve's is 28xx) and it definitely has the 2700 and not the 2730 (as does the one I sent Steve). The third of the set is with a friend of mine who actually digs the raspberry pearl finish (no he's not gay). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] That one is around 34xx and has the 2730 which IMHO is much inferior.

There used to be a very good info page about these on geocities but I can no longer locate it. IIRC that page said that the first run w/2700 went to around #3000.

Comment

Mine indeed has a 2700.
                    This is my first kahler...and I like...

Comment

Working...
                    X