New Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pickups

I'm thinking of replacing the pickup in my Jackson It is a mid 80's bolt on single hum config . I'm just not digging the pickup in it anymore. Sometimes when I'm jamming it seems to lose it's juice gets weak sounding. I was at the Seymour Duncan Site and really liked the Metal Livewire. Has anyone used these and what did you think.

My other guitars have various brands of pickups in them.
    Jackson soloist J95 Pretty intence pickup
    jackson soloist J50 & 2 jackson single's
    Charvel SD Duncan59 I like this pickup
    Wayne RL SD JB Zebra I like this one also a little more juice in it then the 59
    Gibson LP Custom screamin deamons in both position's

Any Advice whould be great.

Re: New Pickups

Hey hey. I have used the MLW for about 12 years or so now and it is by far my favorite pup. Very mid heavey and cutting. Most output of any pup-EVER. You will love it.
    LATER!!!
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Yeah, the Live Wire is definitely very mid heavy, cutting, and very high on the output. If that's what you're looking for, you'll love it, but because it's active, and because the output is so high, it'll be a little difficult to get any other tones out of it. It definitely won't get a clean sound, and even half-distorted tones still have so much bark because of the output. So if you want the high output, the cutting, mid heavy tone, the pup will definitely do what you need.

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

If you want a very heavy high output pup that's a little warmer than the LWs try the Invader. They are warm, very heavy, but yet well defined. I have them in three of my guitars now (bridge) and I've never heard a better sounding pickup to my ears. Plus, you can replace your volume pot with a push/pull and split the coils for some really good single coil sounds. A very versatile pickup imho. My second favorite is the Jeff Beck. It is all a personal preference though, so try a few different ones and see what sounds good to you.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
        X