Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I tell what NECK DIMENSIONS I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I tell what NECK DIMENSIONS I have?

I absolutely love the neck on my KE3, but I have no idea what dimensions it is. Is there a way to tell what it is?

Or perhaps the KE3s made in the mid 1990s had the same neck dimensions as they do now. Let's hope so. That would make it easy.

It says on www.JacksonGuitars.com that the dimensions for the current KE3s are:

NECK DIMENSIONS 1st Fret: .720”, 12th Fret: .805”

These are radii, correct? If not, what do these numbers mean? Thickness of the neck without the fretboard? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: How do I tell what NECK DIMENSIONS I have?

If in doubt you can check the neck thickness with a dial caliper.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Those are not the radii. If those were the radii your neck would be the size of a pencil. That is the thickness of your neck at those frets. The radius should be compound, from 12" at the nut to 16" at the 21st fret. Are those the specs you are looking for? there are a lot more measurements that can be taken on a neck. Nut width, scale length, heel width, overhang, # of frets, neck profile...

Comment

Ahh, so those neck dimensions on the JacksonGuitars.com site are thicknesses. Thanks. That's all I really needed to know, actually. Cheers!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ace, I thought you retired????
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X