Swapping a 24 fret to a PS3T Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping a 24 fret to a PS3T Rhoads

hey guys i'm new to the board. My buddy Joe C got me hooked on your board! Anyways... I've been dreaming of swapping out necks on my import rhoads.

I would die to put a 24 fret reverese headstock neck on my PS3T rhoads. Can it be done with little modification? If so how would I do it?

I have totally suped this guitar up, Duncun super distorsions, locking trem bar, took out the tone pot and put in a kill swtich among other things. Even though it is a cheaper import to me it plays just as good as a 2000.00 jackson.

So any tips?

Re: Swapping a 24 fret to a PS3T Rhoads

You'd have to sand the rear of the neck pocket an equal distance relative to how much longer the 24 fret neck is.
    So if the original 22 fret neck was 25 3/8" (roughly) from the tip of the head to the center "hump" of the heel, and the 24 fret neck was 26 1/4" (guessing - don't have a spare 24 to compare), then you'd have to sand the pocket down the difference between the two necks.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc is right. Also take note that you may have to sacrifice your neck pickup to make room for the extended neckpocket. It would probably look like a hackjob, unless you go all the way and fill the neck pickup route and refinish the guitar body.

A member here (Budman) did an awesome job like this, adapting a Charvel Avenger body for a 24-fret Jackson neck, so it can be done.

'bane

Comment

really, did he take pictures of it? When I get my own woodshop i'm so goign to do that. I just graduated from college and I'm saving up for a house. So I'm gonna go nuts building my own guitars soon!

Comment

Here it is:
          http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...=001456#000000

Comment

Working...
          X