Of all the luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of all the luck

So I'm working on this idea to put a piezo transducer into an OFR (and any trem that will fit a Jackson/Charvel) and I FINALLY got all the parts I need: transducer, internal preamp, mini jack to connect the piezo to the preamp, time to work on it, and what happens?

I rip the damn lead off the transducer [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Murphy and his Law can kiss my ass [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Of all the luck

Man.. that really does suck. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Let me guess, you were placing under the saddles, between the baseplate?

Comment

Yup. I had shims under the saddles to ease the pressure on the transducer itself - my idea is/was to find the best place/angle under the saddles using the shims, then when I found "the" spot, mark it and have a metalworks cut a trench in the baseplate for the transducer, remove the saddle shims, and it'd be good to go.
      It sounded ok that way, but I needed a preamp for it, and I had JUST gathered all the parts I'd need to hook it to the preamp, when I saw the cord was ripped out [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Ah well, good thing I didn't pay $100 for a new one [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

But I got another one around here (disc type) that sounded REALLY good (still needed a preamp, but had a MUCH better acoustic/classical tone). That one doesn't go under the saddles, it will need to be mounted under the bass side near the top corner (behind the "Floyd").
      I just gotta rig up a permanent bracket for it so I can still use the whammy.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I heard Ibanez had an absolute arse of a time getting the Double Edge to work the way they wanted it to.

Comment

Working...
        X