Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did someone mention 2000 grit sandpaper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone mention 2000 grit sandpaper?

I thought Doc Dryer mentioned something a coupla weeks ago about someone trying to find 2000 grit sandpaper.
    I found it at Wal Mart in the automotives section. You won't find it in hardware (where it belongs) - at least not in my local store (worst in the district) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, just in case anyone else was looking for it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    It's also pre-cut just the right size for a sanding block [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Did someone mention 2000 grit sandpaper?

Oreillys auto parts also sells it but they don't keep it on the shelf, you gotta ask for it. I guess they're afraid people will steal it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

yeah...its not too difficult to find. I think I saw some at Home Depot too..usually its in automotive depts...at 1500-2000 grit it is more of a polishing effect than a sanding.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

A nice item to have is a Micromesh kit. It is a kit of cloth backed abrasives that go from 1200 grit up to 12,000 grit. You can polish a whole finish with them if you want, but I prefer them for cleaning and polishing bone or metal. Stew-Mac sells them for more than most places. Most hobby shops carry the kit for cheaper money.

I bought my kit almost 8 years ago and it is just about ready to be replaced and I use it alot.

Comment

micromesh is the shit

Comment

I've heard that if you use micromesh, you don't have to wetsand.

Is this true?

Comment

Nope, micromesh is made to be used wet.

Comment

Ahh.. tanky. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X