Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V intage Trem Pickup Spacing

Hello All,

Does a Charvel Vintage trem use an f spaced pickup or standard spacing.

Thanks

Re: V intage Trem Pickup Spacing

Hey Alex, it's standard bro, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Thanks Chuck! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Uh? So the old Charvels had Gibson string spacing?

Comment

Depends on the bridge and year. It varied from 2" to 2 1/4" center to center.
          WTF, Chuck!?

Comment

Wasup Chuckster??How ya been bro??I have a standard spaced old Duncan humbucker in all of my V-trem guitars & the poles line up fine whether it's 2" or 2 1/4"!!WTF indeed!!LOL!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Hmm, I would have thought they were all F-spaced like Fender's V trems. The F stands for Fender. A lot of people think the F-spacing stands for Floyd; though, the Floyd is the same spacing as a Fender trem. So I guess it's Fender/Floyd spacing.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hi Toe,Charvel brass V-trems were around way before there was such a thing as a F-spaced pickup,so the original Charvels had standard spaced pickups no?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Yeah, makes sense. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah,that's what I thought too!!But what the hell do I know!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

But can you use either one (regular or f-spaced) with a v-trem, or is one better than the other...? I'm a tad confused here, can someone spell it out for my empty brain...?

Comment

The only Charvel I know of that works with a normal bridge spaced pup is the Hardtail 'Charvel bridge' Dreamsicle's or the Jake E Lee Bridge and that has the closer Gibson spacing.

My 2005 V Trem reissue has a spacing just over 2", 2" and just over 1/16" or something which is the same as a Fender V trem and a Floyd Rose, as I've just measured them. So my guess is a trem spaced bridge pup would be your best bet.

In the neck position, even with a 43mm nut, normal spaced pup is fine.
                        Last edited by ginsambo; 04-20-2013, 03:07 AM.
                        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
                        X